Monday, September 16, 2024

so very proud

 I keep finding new stamp companies to fall in love with and O-M-G, my poor bank account... ROFL  I could not resist purchasing some of these Tracey Hey Stamps from Alpaca Pals and now they are about to come out with a Christmas release.  I'm not a big Christmas-card maker, but I just KNOW I'm not going to be able to resist at least one of the new sets. hee hee  For today, I'd like to share this Proud Peacock card with you all:



I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Color Dare #617


Crafter's Cafe - Anything Goes/Include an Animal

AllSorts - Something Fishy or Anything Goes

Creative Knockouts - Embossing Delight

Polkadoodles #37 - Anything Goes

I created my background by using a blending brush with Distress Inks on watercolor paper.  I sponged the edges in black and stamped the image/sentiment directly on the background with Versafine black and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then stamped the peacock's body on a coordinating piece of watercolor paper that I had used the same technique on and fussy-cut out and attached with foam dimensional tape.  Peace.

6 comments:

  1. So cute!
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and love how you used the blended background for your coloring of the peacock's tail feathers and using our Color Board at Color Dare was perfect. Beautiful and adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the colors to make the background. Such a cute peacock. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely bright and fun card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute - love the background for the peacock! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute - love the background for the peacock! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete