Sunday, September 8, 2024

Love & Courage

 Hi everyone!  I made this project for the Fun with Funky Fossils FB Challenge for September.  The challenge is Not Used Yet so I went through my die folder and found this little library card die (Sizzix - Eileen Hull) that I bought YEARS ago but was too intimidated to try using.  So I pulled it out and I made a background with Distress Inks and then stamped my Funky Fossil Bokeh Flowers & LOVE word on the front pocket.  Decorated one of the library cards with just the honeycomb stamp and on the other, I stamped on Kraft and colored with alcohol markers.  I'm in love with this one if I do say so myself!!!!  I hope you like it!  :)  (Both pics just so you can see it assembled & unassembled!)  



I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:   

AllSorts - Autumn Colors/Anything Goes

Creative Knockouts - Anything Goes 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Stamp It! (no digis)

Paper Funday - Anything Goes/Create Your Own Background

.............................................

Next up is a card that I made for a friend who was just diagnosed with cancer:


I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #189 - Animals 


Time Out #271 - Friendship/Encouragement/Support

 

Path of Positivity #123 - Strength/Courage


Color Dare #616 (I used brown & white & pink)


I stamped this adorable lion from Unity Stamps, colored with alcohol markers and fussy-cut.  The background was created with varying shades of brown Distress Inks and blended on watercolor paper.  I stamped some heart borders and the sentiment directly on the background and added some bling.  Peace.

8 comments:

  1. I remember when library cards were inside books like that, those were the good ole days. Your projects are very nice, and prayers for your friend. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge, we hope you'll share more soon!
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughtful card for your friend, love the cute lion and wishing her a speedy and complete recovery.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two super but very different projects, thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got to use it because it's brilliant. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card for your friend. The courageous lion is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity. Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely project and well done on using your intimidating die to great effect. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. The library card ensemble is beautiful & a lot of fun. Kudos for using that intimidating die. The lion card is so precious. The inky BG with the heart borders is really lovely. Prayers for your friend! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pocket card and the two slideouts, unique and beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete