Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday!

Well, I'm not having much luck keeping the sickies away, it's just awful - it sneaks up on you slowly instead of hitting you hard, but after 3-4 days of feeling "eh", I am now just plain sick.  Sneezing and stuffy for the most part, gotta send the hubby out for some more tissues and medicine today - I'm so glad I got all my errands done on Friday.  My heat embossing gun died on me yesterday, so I do need to pick one of those up as I use it quite often.  But that's going to have to wait until another day!  Today my only plan is to move between my couch and my craft table, making cards and watching the Patriots hopefully win the Super Bowl game tonight!  :)

So I made a whole bunch of stuff yesterday, which left me with plenty of eye candy to share with you all this week.  For today, I have this card for the:


I am also entering this into:

The Corrosive Challenge - Love Bites

I did a close-up of the image because I wanted to show you his heart - I used this stuff that I bought on my shopping spree last week, it's called "Crackle Accents."  It's a liquid that you squeeze onto the area you want and it dries to a cracked finish - and in this case, it did exactly what I was hoping it would do - it looks like the pin that was pushed in "broke" his heart.  So cool.  The voodoo doll image is from Wonderstrange (freebie) and the flying heart is from Tiddly Inks.  I just printed out the words and cut them out by hand.  I splattered some watered-down red paint all over it to look like blood.  :)

Next up - I made a pair of ATC's for this week's:



I used images from Sliekje and sentiments from Bethany's Elegant Word Art.  I used cardstock and DP from SU!  Gemstone stickers are from my stash.

Hope you're all avoiding this nasty cold/flu season!  Peace.

15 comments:

  1. I love this card Jean!...... the voodoo doll is just FAB and your L/O is great. Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great take on "Love Bites." Thanks for joing us at the Corrosive Challenges and hope you join us again in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it...such an awesome card

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Jenn, I am so sorry you are feeling ick.... I'll be saying prayers real hard over here for ya, girlfriend!
    your voodoo doll just cracks me up! love that image! I'll have to try to pick up some of the crackle accents as that gives such a neat effect.
    hang in there! maybe a nice cup of hot tea will help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and I love that cracked heart :-) I hope you get rid of the Lurgey and start feeling better soon. Thank you for joining us for Macabre Monday at Haunted Design House :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project...I love what the Crackle Accents did to the heart! I recently saw this product and will for sure be picking some up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Atta girl! Bloodier and bloodier! WooHoo! Love it, especially the crackle! thanks for joining us for MM at HDH and feel better! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool are these, Jenn?! Love his crackled broken heart! Great interpretation of the "Love Bites" challenge! I knew this would be right up your alley! :) Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge! Hope you feel better and enjoy the big game!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon Jenn.... i really quite like this little guy....i feel quite sorry for him.
    thanks for joining us at HDH this week.
    BDx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha...I love your cards Jenn!! So cute, funny and original. I hope you get over your cold and start feeling better soon!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa! I really like the effect of the crackle :) Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great little ATCs - love the lilac and torn effect! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry to hear you are not feeling too bad now. Loving your projects they are both brilliant. The HDH card is just too cool x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry you are still not feeling well Jenn!!! I bet creating makes you feel better though!!! Love this card - great image and effective colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! I love the background paper and the pierced heart!

    ReplyDelete