As sad as it makes me, Leo season is finally over. SIGH. LOL But - it's VIRGO season, baby! I used the BauHaus Ultrasounds stencil from the August release at A Colorful Life Designs on this project:
I made this card for one of my best friends and I'd like to enter it into the following challenges:
All About Papercrafts - All About Frames!
Wednesday's Creative Inspiration - Anything Goes
A Cut Above - AG/Optional Fall (must use die cuts)
Classic Design Challenge - AG/Optional Use Die Cuts
Creative Knockouts #577 - Use Your Favorite Embellie (die cuts!)
I used a piece of watercolor paper for my background - I started by spraying with Lindy's Magicals Glory of the Seas Gold Spray Shimmer, then I applied Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink on the stencil, misted with water and let it dry while laying on the paper, giving it that watercolor look. I distressed another piece of watercolor paper with more Black Soot DI and water, then die cut the frame from Mama Elephant's Line Detail Frames Creative Cuts set. I stamped the Virgo girl (Cosmic Stars from Mama Elephant) with Versafine Black and embossed with clear embossing powder. I colored her with Copics, fussy cut, and attached with foam tape. I stamped the stars & sentiment (Mama Elephant Starry Night) directly on the background, embossed with clear sparkly embossing powder, and added some Stickles. Peace.





Fab card, Jenn! The monochrome color works great with the star theme. Love all of the MM that shows up on your projects every time! The embossed stars and cosmic girl look amazing. Black Soot is a favorite distress ink along with Lost Shadow. They're always out on my desk. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with A Cut Above's August Challenge.
ReplyDeleteYour background looks terrific and I love the detailing on your frame! So glad you joined us at All About Papercraft challenges.
ReplyDelete