Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Secret Crafter, D2D & Friday Sketchers

Trev got his stitches out the other day, and the "lump" they removed from his elbow did not show any signs of being cancerous.  Yay!  Everyone is finally feeling healthy in our household and we are so ready for Spring - unfortunately, Mother Nature just laughs at us... it snowed for hours on Monday and we are expecting more today/tomorrow.  BAH HUMBUG!

I was excited to have a reason to show off one of the new ATC's I made, and this was the perfect opportunity:

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - "anything but a card"


 I used Tyler (Creepin Kit from The Greeting Farm) - the ATC is 3.5 x 2.5 inches, basically the only "requirement" for ATC's.  I colored him in with Prismacolors & mineral spirits.  Cardstock and glitter from SU!  The cool star background paper is actually digi paper from Tiddly Inks.  This was my first time using digi papers and I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun they are. :)

Next up is a card I made using another adorable digi image from The Paper Shelter... this one is for 2 challenges:

Designed2Delight Card Ideas Challenge Blog (use colors chocolate, caramel, and one other color... I chose strawberry/pink)

and

Friday Sketchers Challenge #146





I colored this adorable hippie girl in with Prismacolors & mineral spirits as well as SU! markers.  Cardstock, glitter, rub-on sentiment, ribbon and sticky accent from SU!  DP is from Pressed Petals.  

I have a question for you all - how many of you bloggers use word verification for your comments?  How many of you use comment moderation?  And what are your reasons for choosing either or neither? Do you respond to people who ask questions in the comment section?  I ask because I use comment moderation - I do so because I am afraid I would never see the wonderful comments, kind words, and questions asked that people take the time to write.  When I "approve" the comment, it prompts me to either visit their blog or answer their question.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.  Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Great cards Jenn, Tyler rocks! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so CUTE! Love all the pink! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Card-Ideas this week.
    Hugs, Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cards! thanks for playing along with us on Card Ideas

    ReplyDelete