Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BLD #7 and Sketch Saturday

Yup, I keep saying I'm not going to buy any more stamps or digi images, but my favorite artists just keep coming out with such adorable new stuff - I can't help myself!!!  

Today's card features a new image from By Lori Designs, she's called Tabitha and she's from the Puddle Jumpers line.  I made this card for the:
Background paper is from my stash - I also used an oval shape of SU! Certainly Celery, and the circle punches are SU! Pixie Pink and Pink Passion.  Tabitha is colored with Prismacolors and mineral spirits.  Ribbon and button from my stash.  I sent this card to my mom - she lives less than a mile from me, but I never see her.  :(  I think it'll make her happy to know I miss her.

 Next up is a card made with another Michelle Perkett digi image, isn't this birthday mermaid adorable?  This is for the:


Sketch Saturday Challenge #145




I used some of my favorite retired DP from SU! in bright colors Brilliant Blue, Only Orange, Old Olive and Bashful Blue.  Ribbon also from SU!

And... my friend and fellow Michelle Perkett DT member Irene gave me this cool blog award:


The rules are that I have to share the award with 8 fabulous crafters, and share 8 things about myself.  So for the 8 crafters, I would like to nominate:


Nikki at MelonHeadz
Christy at TiddlyInks
Hannah at Hannah Bug
Melissa at Melissa's Creative Space
Lori at ByLoriDesigns
Lou at LoopyLou's
Donna at PopsicleToes
Tracy at Jedi Scrapbooking

Now to tell you 8 things about me that you don't already know... hmmm...
1. I bite my nails - it's gross, but I can't stop it.
2. I am afraid of heights.  Badly afraid.
3.  I resisted getting a cell phone for a long time - I used to say "if I'm out, I don't want to be found."  Now I have a panic attack if my cell phone is out of my sight for 30 seconds.
4. I snore something fierce.
5. I love to look up at the stars and think... about everything.
6. When I was little, I never lasted the night at sleepovers - always had to go home by midnight.  hee hee
7. I have more than 30 first cousins.
8. I am not very adventurous, but I put white water river rafting on my bucket list.  ;)


Now pass it along, peeps.  And thank you, Irene, you're pretty fabulous yourself.  :)

Peace.

11 comments:

  1. Hello Jenn honey! This is such a lovely take on the challenge - clever way to frame her!

    Thank you for joining us at By LORi Designs!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards! I'm so glad you could play along at By LORi Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, lovely details and colors.
    Thanks for playing with us at Sketch Saturday this week.
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just darling, love your layout! Thanks for joining us this week at By Lori Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design for this week challenge. Thanks for joining us at By LORi Designs!Hugs. Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards...thanks for joining in the fun at BLD x

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you created a frame on your card. Thanks so much for joining us at BLD

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie Jenn! Great job on the image and I love that celery oval to frame it. Quite clever! Thanks for sharing your card with us at BLD!
    All the best,
    Sharon, BLD-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cards! I love your Tabitha card. The button slider is perfect on that ribbon! Thanks for joining us this week at the By LORi Designs Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling card, Jenn and thanks so much for the award! I truly appreciate it, even though it takes me forever! to acknowledge it. You're a Sweetie!!! xxD

    ReplyDelete