Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sassy Cheryl's & Sketch Saturday

Good morning!  I am a bit late this morning, I blame it on the Daylight Savings Time change.  ;)  Trev is feeling better and his arm is healing up nicely - so far, so good.  I have to call the dr. tomorrow to make an appointment to have his stitches removed and find out the results of the biopsy, it'll most likely be another week before we go back.

So I spent some time organizing my digital stamps/images on my computer the other day - holy cow.  I realized that I had a lot of images I have never used and probably never will, so I deleted a whole bunch of them.  Then I organized the rest by putting all of my favorites and the ones I use often into one folder, and the rest into another.

While doing this, I realized I had downloaded a few freebies from Sassy Cheryl's and had never used them.  What a shame - they are adorable!  So I printed one of my favorite ones (All the Frills) out and made a card for the:

and I also followed the sketch for the:



I colored her with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits, as well as Prismacolor markers.  Designer paper is by Scrapbook Wizard - cardstock by SU!  Sentiment "It's Your Day" and image with glasses/makeup/brush are by SU!  

I recently got interested in Artist Trading Cards, or ATC's.  I found a great site where you can read about them here.  I had made one or two in the past, but I started making more this weekend and OMG - they are so much fun!  I'll post some later, I made a few for Scrapbook News & Review magazine for the next few upcoming issues - I can't share those on my blog until 30 days after they are published.  But I'm having so much fun, I'm sure I'll make some for challenges or something this week.  

I don't know about you, but I have several gallon-size zipper bags full of cardstock scraps.  I try to force myself to use them, but it can be difficult and to be honest, I am getting sick of looking at them!  LOL  So I decided to spend some time today cutting those scraps down to my most-used sizes - which for me, would be 3.5 x 2.5" for ATC's and 5.25 x 4" to mount to the front of a standard-sized card.  Then I'll get out a couple more of my trusty zipper bags and start saving them by size instead of color.

Hope you all have a happy Sunday - see you tomorrow.  Peace.

9 comments:

  1. Super cute! One of my favorite FREE images and your coloring is wonderful! Such a great card!
    Thanks for playing along in the challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, your card is so cute, I love that image. Great idea on how to save scraps, I should really take the time to do that too! Sometimes I just give up and give a bunch of scraps to my nephews. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun card Jenn.

    Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryls Challenge and good luck.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card!! It totally make me think of my little Nat!!Blessings and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Love it in pink!.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls.
    Hugs
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cute and fun image choice for your card!! Great shades of pink too, thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love all her little accessories. She has always been one of my favorites. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awh, Jenn, this is so cute! I'm so glad you decided to join us this week at Sassy Cheryl's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super card! your colouring is spot on!
    Thank you for joining in our sketch saturday challenge
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete