Tuesday, August 20, 2024

bee happy honecomb card

I ended up keeping my 4-year-old granddaughter Lisey for a sleepover last night, she's just the sweetest little thing in the universe.  We made cards, played with these little toys you can color and then wash the color off of, read books, watched a movie - she helped me make dinner and even helped me do laundry.  When it was time for bed, after 2 or 3 stall tactics, she goes "Will you snuggle me?" and I said "Of course I will!" and she goes "OK - when I fall asleep, get out.".  ROFL  Yes, ma'am!  :) 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges: 

Just Us Girls #740 (2nd entry)


Creative Aunts - Anything Goes

Gem of a Challenge #16 - Anything Goes 

As You Like It - Favorite: Bugs, Feathers, or Fur (I absolutely love bees, always have - they are adorable and we literally couldn't survive without them!)


 

This is a one-layer card, which I think is totally cool based on how textured it looks! I made my background directly on the white card base - I used Fossilized Amber Distress Ink through my honeycomb stencil from A Colorful Life Designs, then I used another honeycomb stencil from Visible Image with some black distress ink in the corner.  I then stamped the bee, pollen, and honeycomb stamps (also from Visible Image) onto the background. Peace. 

4 comments:

  1. Jenn, this is sooooo cool! I love the look of texture you have achieved. Thanks so much for joining us the fortnight at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great one layer card with a mixed media look, Jenn. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome honeycomb background, Jenn and a terrific card! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete