Sunday, August 4, 2024

Crabby but Cute Bookmark

 Have I mentioned that I'm a Leo?  My birthday is August 6 but I'm one of those semi-annoying people who celebrates for a week (or more...).  hee hee  I had my birthday lobster feast yesterday with my daughter and a few friends and it was a fabulous day.  This is me and my girl Cassidy:


We have always been close, and our relationship only got closer as she had her own children.  She has 3 girls (5, 4, and 2) and a newborn baby boy and she's the BEST mommy ever.  I'm so proud of her.  And thankful for her.

On to business!  Today's creation will be entered into the following challenges:

Snippets Playground (my snippet is the background!  It's a leftover piece from a print I pulled from my Gelli plate!)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes (entry 5)

Dragonfly Dreams - These are a Few of my Favorite Things (crabs, using my Gel plate, the color combo, and bookmarks!)

AllSorts - Season's Delight (or Anything Goes)  (2nd entry)

We Love to Create - Anything PaperCrafting/Mixed Media Goes (2nd entry)

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - S is for Summer

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #729- Summer


I love this little stamp set from Colorado Craft Company called Crabby Mini.  I took a strip of paper I had pulled from my Gelli Plate left over from another project and mounted it on a piece of skinny white cardstock to create a bookmark.  I loved the way the print looked "beachy" without even trying!  LOL I stamped my images with Versamark Black and embossed with a sparkly clear embossing powder.  Peace.

11 comments:

  1. Fab little bookmark for summer reading. Good way to use gelli plate snippet strips. Cute stamps too.

    Happy birthday for the 6th Aug.

    Thanks for coming back to play in the Snippets Playground. We’ll gather round and sing Happy Birthday to you when you grab a blueberry muffin at the treehouse! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jenn - I enjoyed reading about your 'irritating' habit of celebrating your birthday for a week or longer. LOL! I do that too, although I'm a Libra - it must be my Leo rising! Anyway, your bookmark is really cute and I can see why you're so proud of your daughter and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bookmark, I love the fun design. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Enjoy the rest of your birthday celebrations.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant summer creation I love how you have created the water and beach effect a top notch project thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this bookmark!!! So summery and perfect for our challenge. A week? Celebrate the whole month!!! Thanks for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love your crabby bookmark! And seriously, who limits their birthday celebrations to a day??? LOL
    Thanks for celebrating summer with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great bookmark Jenn - just right for Summer reading. Happy Birthday for today!

    Hugs
    Di xx Snippets Playground

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great bookmark Jenn.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete