Saturday, July 27, 2024

a sprinkling of christmas magic

 Oh you guys - my sweet little brand new grandson had to have emergency surgery this morning for "Pyloric Stenosis"!  He's been having trouble keeping food down (my daughter breastfeeds) and Thursday it got really bad, projectile vomiting EVERY meal.  She brought him in and he had lost weight.  They made an appointment for him the next morning for an ultrasound and he lost MORE weight by then!  It was scary!  They admitted him right away and I went up the hospital with her until her boyfriend could get there, and it was just heartbreaking.  He could barely even cry - he was dehydrated and I can't even explain how sad it was.  Anyway, they finally did the surgery this morning (basically the muscle that goes from the stomach to the small intestine had thickened and they had to snip it to allow food to get through) and he's doing MUCH better already!  As long as he eats and doesn't vomit, they will most likely be home tomorrow.  Positive thoughts are always appreciated!  Here's my poor little guy before surgery:



And here's the cutie pie after surgery (still a bit groggy!) with his very-relieved mama:


PHEW!  That was not fun - having children is not for the weak.  I find myself still bursting in tears randomly... so emotional.  My daughter and I are wicked close, too, so I've been just as worried about HER as I was about HIM!

OK so on to business... I have a card today that I made for the All Dressed Up Facebook Seasons Challenge, and I'd like to enter it into the following challenges:

Daring Cardmakers - Christmas in July

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Christmas

Creative Knockouts - Christmas in July

The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes

Christmas with the Cuties - Clean and Simple



My image is from All Dressed Up, printed on DP and colored with alcohol markers and Stickles glitter glue.  Peace.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they've managed to sort your grandson's issues out. I'm sure he will thrive now that it's all sorted.
    Your card is beautiful. Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of positive vibes to your beautiful grandson and his parents. Hope he continues to recover well and that this is all behind him very soon.
    P.S. Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week with your lovely card! x

    ReplyDelete

  3. the ADU digital stamp is beautiful and you made it the protagonist of a fabulous card, the effect on the old newspaper is magical congratulations and good luck, Thanks for joining the Craft Challenge Taty x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - love the digi stamp printed onto patterned paper. Hoping your grandson is doing OK - those are gorgeous photos.

    Thanks for joining us at the Daring Cardmakers Challenge.

    Helen x
    GDT

    ReplyDelete