Friday, September 4, 2026

Sending Calm Thoughts - Color Dare #719

  We have a new color challenge for you today at:

I created my background by ink blending Distress Oxide Ink on a piece of watercolor paper (Bundled Sage). I flicked some Mica Spray in a teal color all over the card, then stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of cardstock with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder, I attached that with some foam tape after sponging some more ink on the edges. I stamped the kitty from Self Care Satire at Unity Stamp Co. with Versafine Black and embossed with clear embossing powder. I colored with Copics  and used a photo strip frame die to cut out. I added a little ribbon tag and some rhinestone stickers for bling.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

AllSorts #857 - All Creatures Great & Small

Classic Design Challenge - Anything Goes/Use Die Cuts

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #277 - A is for Animal

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Stamp It! (no digis allowed)

The Alphabet Challenge - J is for Just Kidding (a funny card)

Thanks for visiting! Peace.

8 comments:

  1. This is brilliant, Jenn! What a fun card. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn! Fabulous and so fun! The pissy kitties are the best!! Your design is purrfection. ;-) Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these images! And the glasses.......
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your process about building up the background, and kitty portrait. A sweet little grumpy card! Thank you so much for joining in with us at the Alphabet Challenge, Nancy J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cute and grumpy cat. A fab card. Thank you for joining in at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card. Love the grumpy cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great image of this grumpy cat, Jenn. Colors are perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you must have had me in mind when you created this one. This is just how I feel at the moment. In need of kind thoughts and with no one to bother me. Thanks for the laugh. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete