Gloomy, rainy day today - we are in the middle of a nor'easter, so I'm just glad it's September and not SNOW!!! I'm going to spend the day in my craft room and throw on a pot of beef stew later, I make a badass beef stew if I do say so myself! Spending time in my kitchen is my 2nd favorite way to spend a rainy day!
I had a blast making the background for this scenic card below, which I'd like to enter into the following challenges:
Friends of Sweet November Weekly FB Challenge (create a scene)
Simon Says Stamp Monday - Make Your Own Background
AllSorts #859 - Anything Autumn
Passion for Markers - For a Child
Just Us Girls #842 - Stencil Week
I had so much fun making this background - I LOVE making night scenes and full-moon scenes! For this one, I started with my layering full moon stencil from Spellbinders. I used different shades of yellow Distress Oxide Inks on watercolor paper, continuing the yellow beyond the stencil edges to create the "glow". I then blended some Chipped Sapphire, Villainous Potion, and Black Soot around the rest of the card, going heavy on the black on the card edges. I die cut the fence from Kraft cardstock and stamped the sentiment (My Favorite Things) with Versafine Black, then embossed with a sparkly clear embossing powder. I printed out Flying with Charlie and & Drusilla's Bat from Sweet November Stamps, colored with Copics, fussy cut, and attached with foam tape. Peace.

.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment