Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Friend

 Today I'm picking up the oldest granddaughter for a sleepover - don't tell the others, but she's my favorite sleepover buddy. LOL  I've probably talked about this before, but RaeRae usually asks to go to bed by 8 p.m. LOL She's up at the crack of dawn but that's another story. hee hee  I truly enjoy spending time with her so I'm looking forward to it.

I would like to enter the card below into the following challenges:

Friends of Unity FB Challenge - Red, White, and Blue

All About Papercraft #7 - Friendship

Cupcake Inspirations #639

Colorful Options - Red, White, and Blue or Rainbow



I created my background with Lindy's Magicals on watercolor paper. I then took another piece of watercolor paper and stamped a script stamp and some random stamps along the side with Versafine Clear, then embossed with white embossing powder. I then used the butterfly stamp from Unity Stamp Co's Let Adventure set with Distress Oxide Inks in red & blue that I had smooshed out on my glass mat and sprayed water on, creating the watercolor effect. After I stamped the butterfly, I then smooshed the card into the remaining ink on the glass mat, which helped to highlight the white stamped script/images. I roughed up the edges and attached the panel with foam tape. I die cut the word Friend and attached it to a separate strip of cardstock that was a scrap from the main focal piece. Peace.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, so beautifully creative!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Diane CO DT
    {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. The watercolour effect looks amazing, Jenn! Beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us again at All About Papercraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty jenn and I love your colourful background! Thank you so much for joining us this month at All About Papercraft xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful, artistic card. You've combined these gorgeous elements in such an aesthetically pleasing way. I love the butterfly — it goes perfectly with the background. Beautiful!!! Thank you for participating in our “Friends Challenge.” Sandra from the All About Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I LOVE!! The way you colored this in is just AMAZING!!!! Thank you for playing with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much mixed media goodness, Jenn! So fun to mix up challenges. My fave too. Thanks for playing along with the All About Papercrafts - All About Friendship Challenge. 💗 Cassandra

    ReplyDelete