Monday, October 7, 2024

Happy Birthday - Minnie Mouse

 Life is so crazy, isn't it?  So unpredictable.  My husband Jeremy was raised by his grandparents - his parents were 17 when they had him, and he had a totally happy childhood!  He spent time with his parents but was mainly raised by his grandparents.  His grandfather died in 2009, but Gram managed to live until just last week - she would have turned 94 next month.  Jeremy has really been experiencing some powerful emotions this past week and, as is typical of men, is struggling with dealing with them. Tomorrow we will have the services and I am hoping he'll feel better once it's over.  Grief is such a powerful, personal thing, isn't it?  I want so badly to make it better, to make his pain go away.  It's so hard.  :(

Anyway, here is the card I want to share today and I'd like to enter it into the following challenges:

Classic Design Challenge - Anything Goes/Autumn/Fall

Conjurer of Dreams - Witch Wisdom

Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp Monday - Patterned Paper

Polkadoodles Week 40 - Anything Goes



I used a free coloring page I found online for the Minnie Mouse image, colored with alcohol markers - papers are from Scrapbook.com - I used an alphabet die set for her name (Lya) and finished off with some gemstone stickers.  Peace.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet is this birthday card. I'm sure Lya will love it. Super colouring and a fabulous design.
    Many thanks for sharing your project with us at the Conjurer of Dreams “Anything Goes” Challenge.
    Good luck and we hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! I'm so sorry for your loss. Grief is indeed a very powerful emotion. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Conjurer of Dreams “Anything Goes” Challenge. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete