Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Sunday!

Happy Sunday! It's a gorgeous, chilly Fall day in New England - and all is well with the world, cuz our beloved Red Sox kicked ASS last night! Now we just have to do it again tonight and we'll go to the World Series. We take our sports pretty seriously here in New England, and we like to keep everyone on the edge of their seats - I swear they purposely lose a few games just to keep the anticipation going for as long as possible! Plus, it's just more fun like this - who wants to just win the first four games in a row? BORING! So - GO SOX!!!

Last night we had a fire in our fireplace, and it was just lovely. I love the fireplace. We refuse to turn our heat on until at LEAST November 1. So we have a space-heater (electric) in the living room, and if we keep it on "medium" all night, it keeps the house at about 61-62 degrees. With the fire roaring last night, it was 68 in here. Damn near tropical! Cassidy is the only one who complains, which cracks me up - she'll come downstairs half-naked wearing boxer shorts and a tank top and she'll say "OH MY GOD, I'm FREEZING!" Well, half-naked girl, go put some damn clothes on! LOL Of course, she thinks we're just mean and cheap.

Trevor update: Trevor has been doing great since he switched schools. His attitude has improved tremendously - it's like this weight was lifted from him and he isn't as anxious and ready for a fight as he was before. He talks positively about his school and always has good things to say when he gets home and we ask him how his day went. He's just been a more pleasant kid to be around, you can tell HE is much happier, and that means so much to me. I will continue to keep you updated on his progress.

Kittens, anyone? My cousin Angela's cat gave birth to 6 kittens the other night. This is the 2nd litter of kittens within the past few months, and she is getting the mama cat-whore fixed ASAP. But in the meantime - there are 6 little black fuzzy Q-T pies that will need homes in about 8 weeks - hey, JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!!! Come on, you know you want one... or two... or six.... hee hee She threatened to give one to Cassidy for Christmas, but Jeremy will never allow her to come drink dark beer and Smirnoff Ice's with us again, so I have a feeling she won't follow through with that threat. LOL Seriously, though, we have to find these little furballs a home, so please let me know if you want one or know anyone who does!

How about this election? Are you all as freaking sick to death of hearing about Palin-the-beauty-queen and Obama Bin Baden as I am? I don't know about you, but every stinkin' election year, I'm so sick of it all that I really don't care WHO wins, as long as they all shut the hell up! I haven't been happy with our choices since Bill Clinton was in office, and I would have voted for Hillary just to get him back, to be honest. Let's face it, whoever wins has GOT to be better than the current dolt we have running our country - and I use the word "running" very loosely, and in lieu of a more realistic verb (think "destroying" or "ruining").

Bought my first jar of "eye wrinkle cream" yesterday - Oil of Olay, of course - and yeah, it was a little bit traumatic. WRINKLE CREAM, people. And what's up with one side of your face (well, my face, anyway) aging worse than the other? My left side is NOT my good side. It's weird! I have small wrinkles on the corner of my left eye (note to self: STOP SMILING SO DAMN MUCH - can't you just be normal and miserable, goddamnit?), and another "age spot" on my upper left cheek, under the offending eye. I do not like them. I like my freckles, and I've never been one to say things like "ohmygod I HATE my.... eyes/ears/hair/smile/etc." I'm no Miss America, but I'm content with how I look. OK, OK, I don't like the fat. But I've even made my peace with that, to tell you the truth. It comes off when I make it. I have to work to make it. I don't always feel like working to make it, so I still have some. My fault, so I have accepted it. I lost 40 pounds a little over a year ago, and I only put a few of them back on (and they usually creep up around my period, when I feel like I could gnaw my own arm off if I didn't have chocolate and salt) - but I need to lose another 40. My father died when he was 44. He was a drug addict, but heart disease runs in his family and the drugs only exacerbated it. My cousin Bonnie, my dad's sister Judy's daughter, dropped dead on Mother's Day, 2003, when she was only 38 years old. Massive heart attack. She left behind a husband and 2 small children, who are just about the same ages as my own kids. So let's just say I'm not oblivious to the health risks of being overweight. I have never smoked cigarettes, and I'm not a drug addict. I'm not even a drinker, really - I only have 4-5 drinks maybe a few times per year. More when Angela comes over. hee hee But anyway, I'm a pretty content person. But I do NOT like these wrinkles and "age spots". ICK. GO AWAY! I have to admit, if I was a rich girl (la la la la la la la la la la laaaa .... go Gwen), I would not be against getting a couple innocent little collagen injections around my eyes. But I'm not, and I can think of about, oh, a bazillion other more important things to save/spend my money on, so I have no plans for cosmetic surgery or "improvements" any time soon. So I'll stick with the $15-a-jar-wrinkle cream for now, and pray to all that is holy that it works. Or stop smiling. But I don't think I can do that - I've been smiling for 37 years, that's a long-ass habit to try to break - and truthfully, between you and me, I think the wrinkles are worth it. They're a small price to pay for being happy, right?

Well I've rambled on long enough - you may go about your leisurely Sunday now. I'm going to stamp some more, I've been on a roll lately. Peace and GO SOX!!



1 comment:

  1. The older I get the more I realize a) those creams don't work - you either were born with the anti agin genes or you weren't (and who cares in the end anyway - we all end up wrnkled eventually and if you can accept my fat, you can accept my wrinkles! LOL

    and b) I can't take the drama the Sox put us through - just makes us need those creams in a) that don't work anyway! LOL

    Have a great Sunday my friend and GO SOX!

    ReplyDelete