Saturday, October 3, 2026

Chickens and Sunflowers

 Good morning! I'm off to Oktoberfest today up at Wachusett Mountain today with the hubby and a couple of our good friends. It's a beautiful Fall day and there will be lots of beer and yummy food and I'm looking forward to it!

I'd like to enter my card below into the following challenges today:

Shopping Our Stash #583 - Chicken!

Critter Crazy #115 - Anything Goes with a Featured Critter

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes

Tic Tac Toe #302 (I used die cuts, free, and embossing/wet)


My papers are from Doodlebug Designs. I used the Terrific Ticket Dies from Unity Stamp Co. and stamped the chicks from the Chicken In set at Paperie Ink Stamps on that as well as on the strip of DP on the bottom. Everything was stamped with Versafine Black and embossed with clear embossing powder. I colored with Copics and sponged the edges with black ink.

........................

And I also have a tag to share today - this is for the following challenges:

Creative Artiste - Anything Mixed Media Goes

The Little Things #08 - Sunflowers or Squirrels

Beautiful Blossoms - Anything Floral Goes

The Card Concept #229 (I was inspired by the sunflowers!)


So the other day I got totally frustrated with my giant, messy bin full of premade backgrounds... I am obsessed with making backgrounds, but then I just hoard them.  LOL  So I forced myself to use a whole bunch of them on projects, and I started with this one that started out as a big piece of watercolor paper with this very large sunflower stenciled on it with Distress Crayons, leaving them chunky and unblended in spots for texture. I had no idea what to do with it so I decided to turn it into a tag!  I used the Luggage Nesting Tags Sugar and Spice from Simon Says Stamp and simply sponged the edges with brown ink and added a little ephemera sentiment from my stash. I finished it off with some coordinating ribbon pieces from my scrap pile! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment