Saturday, November 3, 2012

Just Some Lines: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle & WW ATC Reminder

Hello there.  Let's get right to business today - we have a new challenge for you, along with some new challenge rules, over at:


I had a great time creating this "faux canvas" out of an old chocolate box!  I painted it with white Gesso, then used my felt applicator to apply some blue & green alcohol inks to it.  I then spritzed it with Silver Foil Smooch Spritz.  I found this Emo Mermaid image from Just Some Lines in my stash, colored her with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits and fussy-cut her out.  I added a little starfish charm, love using charms on my projects.  I used Mod Podge to adhere the images (sentiment is from Scrapalicious Times Sentiments) to the "canvas" and used mini glue dots to attach a soda can "pop-top" to the back as a wall-hanger.  I had so much fun making this, and it actually looks so cute hanging on my wall!

We also have a fun reminder post for you at:


I used Eva the Witch from Delicious Doodles, colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits and a bit of markers.  I kept this little ATC simple, to keep the focus on the beautiful image.  Peace.

5 comments:

  1. oh my! Jenn that mermaid is just gorgeous and I love that you went green with it...love that kind of stuff...heading over to Just Some Lines to check out the challenge! Thanks! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the faux canvas technique. I am going to be trying that soon! And I love the green robe- absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn,

    This is so cool! I love the faux canvas and I love the way you colored her hair!

    Hugs,

    Your Design Team Buddy,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl - we so need to do an ATC swap. This one is fab.

    Loving the altered box. I would never have guessed how it started out as a chocolate box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's gorgeous and beautifully colored. I also love the way you layered the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete