Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Day for Daisies & The Kraft Journal

I miss Jeremy.  Did I tell you he left for California last week?  He drove his car out - there is no work for him here and no prospects for the near future.  And although we have made the best of our living situation, we are tired of it.  We have been on our own since we were 20, so living in his dad's basement is getting old. I won't make a laundry list of complaints, but privacy would be at the top of that list if I did.  I have always cherished my privacy and I miss it.  Looking on the bright side, though, the past year and a half has brought us much closer with our kids.  We live in such close quarters, we spend an awful lot of time together.  They can't even go to the bathroom without walking by us.  LOL  So that's been a huge plus.  I'm confident that wherever life takes us now, we'll remain close with them.  So anyway - Jeremy had a job opportunity in Cali and since we plan to follow him if all works out, he took his car.  The kids and I will visit during April vacation and Trev may just stay there.  Cass and I will come back until she finishes the school year in June.  I'm a little nervous but very excited and looking forward to our future.  But I miss my hubby and it's going to be a long 3 months.  I had to go do my errands yesterday morning alone - no one to bicker with through the grocery store, it was sad.  LOL  I did go out to dinner with a friend last night, which was nice.  And today will be spent at my craft table, so be prepared for lots of stuff this week.  :)

Today's card was made for 2 challenges:

and



The adorable horse image is from ADFD, the background image is a freebie from Folded Paper, Printed Pixels  - everything is printed on Kraft cardstock and my images were colored with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits.  The background base card is spritzed with Log Cabin and Spun Sugar Smooch Spritzes.  I added some metal charms and a brown and white gingham ribbon from my stash.
Peace.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun scene you created, Jenn! I hope your husband has safe travels and that the 3 months fly by! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scene you've made here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. neat card! congrats on making the Top 3 @ The Kraft Journal! Happy crafting, it can be good therapy when you miss loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenn! I'll leave you some more love here on your blog for your little horsie and tell you once again thanks for joining us for the ADFD challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there...just wanted to say I know how hard it is to have your DH working away.
    We had our share of tought times earlier in our lives.
    DH was seriously ill for 3 long years and no money coming in...then the company he used to work for closed just before he recovered...he had to go to work in Tumbler Ridge (northern BC) for over a year till he found work closer.

    I will keep your family in my prayers that all works out for you and your husband.

    We got through it and have never looked back...we bounced back on our feet fairly quickly and have gone from living day to day to not worrying anymore.
    I hope that your story ends the same.
    Blessings

    Maureen
    PS Your little horse caught my eye...my grand daughter is pony mad...I will order this for her. She is only 5 but wants her own card blog!

    ReplyDelete