Sunday, May 1, 2011

Haunted Design House & Make It Colourful!

First off, I absolutely adore the Haunted Design House's challenge blog "Macabre Monday" that I stumbled across a few weeks ago.  I have been having a blast participating every week!  Here is what I came up with for the "Alone in the Dark" challenge and also for the Make It Colourful - Use Black and a Spash of Red Challenge #16:
Images are from Tiddly Inks (sale going on right now - quick, go shopping!) - "hi" sentiment and "Wicked Fun" devil girl.  She's colored with Prismacolors & mineral spirits.  I had won a challenge over at the Cute Card Thursday challenge blog, and the prize was a $20 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp... holy cow, it did not take me long to spend it.  I bought this awesome DP that I used above from 7 gypsies called Paddington, another pad of DP called avignon (both in 6 x 6 size) and a package of buttons, which was much bigger than I had expected.  Let's just say this might be my new favorite online store to shop at!  LOL  OK - slight distraction there - OK so I tore the middle of the paper and folded it back to show both sides of the gorgeous paper, kind of creating a frame.  I used another piece of the DP for the background.  I also used punches, red glittter and red gemstone brads from Stampin' Up!

Oh - and the fan-FREAKISHLY-tastic peeps at the HDH blog are having a blog candy give-away - here's the link and here's a pic of what's up for grabs:

I woke up this morning to a super-sweet message on my Facebook page from my 20-year-old nephew, Eric, which was just the BEST way to start my day.  I can't even tell you how much it meant to me.  My sister and I are one year apart (she's younger), and she had Eric when she was 18, I was 19 - so I feel like he's been a part of my life forever.  He is very special to me and I love him to pieces.  What a nice thing to wake up to.  :)

Hope you all have a great Sunday.  Peace.

8 comments:

  1. Oo very nice work indeed. Thanks for playing along with macabre monday again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute yet devilish ;) love those red gems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenn, this is fab, I'm really into red and black just at the moment (as you'll see from tomorrow's HDH card)
    Thanks for playing along again with your yummy new goodies, and yay for candy and prizes and sweet unexpected messages that make you smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Jenn! The "window you created is fab! Thanks for joining us again at HDH and for spreading the word about our Halloween candy! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really vool card Jenn! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's certainly a devil, but thankfully a cute one. Thanks for joining us at Make it Colourful. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A CUTE DEVIL INDEED LOL!!
    Nice colouring!!

    Thank you for colouring with us at Make it colourful,RubyM:)

    ReplyDelete