Thursday, March 4, 2021

My Life & Oddball Art DT

 Good morning!  I wanted to do a post about what I've been up to for the last few years, as I took a blogging break for a little over 4 years. I didn't do much crafting during that time but I sure did stay busy!

In February of 2016, we bought our first home!  Shortly after that, I was diagnosed with moderate-to-severe ulcerative colitis.  I ended up quitting my job in Spring of 2017 and focusing on my health.  Massachusetts legalized the use of cannabis in the Fall of 2016, and my husband started working on his dream of running a cannabis competition immediately.  We launched The Harvest Cup in December of 2017, a cannabis competition and tradeshow held at the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts.  The first year, I was really sick and helped out when/where I could - but by year 2, I was a full-blown partner running the event. It's been an amazing opportunity and I've learned a lot and made some really great friends!  This year will be our 5th year - although we had to cancel our actual event in 2020 due to Covid, we still held the competition and had a virtual awards ceremony.  Like everyone else, we're learning to adapt and deal with these crazy times.

BUT - even MORE exciting - I've got 2 new grandbabies!!!! My daughter Cassidy had her 1st daughter, RaeAna Jamie, in January of 2019.  She had another little baby girl, Analiz Rose, in June of 2020 - making Jeremy and I the grandparents of the 2 sweetest little girls in the universe:








These babies are the absolute loves of our lives.  RaeRae (as we all call her) is 2 years old and SUCH a sweetheart. She has the sweetest voice and she's a little peanut.  She hates to be dirty and wants to "wash hands" all the time (not a bad thing in Covid world...).  She also hates naps.  Lisey (we like nicknames) is now 8 months old and is the complete opposite of her sister!  LOL  She is a little meatball who loves to be messy and sticky and she LOVES to sleep!  hee hee  We get to babysit them at least twice a week, which is so nice during a time that there is just not much to feel happy about.  They truly bring joy to us - even on the darkest days! 

And last for today - I have re-joined the Design Team at the Oddball Stamps Blog!  For my first project, theme is Women's History Month:


This card uses image #279, Sometimes You Feel Like a Blunt.  This card is representative of all women in the cannabis industry including Chelsea Handler, who recently released an Inauguration Day-themed Cannabis Kit titled "America is Back". Proceeds of the kit will benefit the nonprofit Cage-Free Repair.  I colored this image with Blick Studio alcohol markers and paired it with some designer paper from Echo Park called Witches & Wizards.  I added a piece of tie-dye tape, some tear-drop gemstone stickies, a gold peace sign brad, and a cannabis leaf embellishment.  I kept this pretty simple - I hope you like it.  Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Jenn...it is so good to have you back in the crafting community. I remember working on the ATC Team with you a long time ago. Love the photos of your family. Glad you will be sharing your artwork on the Oddball Team. They are lucky to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete