Monday, June 24, 2013

Tiddly Inks Stuff

Hello everyone - hope your Monday is off to a good start.  I had so much fun crafting yesterday, I decided to print out and color some Tiddly Inks images and I managed to make 2 cards for a few challenges.  This first one is my favorite, I absolutely love how it came out!  This one is for the:
Cards Galore (sketch below)

I just had to purchase this gorgeous image, Salty Kisses, the minute I saw her.  The paper I printed her on has texture, and I wasn't sure how I felt about it when I started coloring with my pencils.  But the more I blended with mineral spirits, the more I liked the way it looked.  I added glitter to the starfish and the crabs (I know crabs aren't glittery, but they were jealous that the starfish got to sparkle, so.... glittery crabs it is), and then added a little starfish charm (I wish you could see it better, it kind of blends in with the dark paper).  I didn't want to add too many embellishments to this one, as the image is just so pretty I wanted it to remain the focal point.

This next card is for the:

Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Summer Fruits
 A Little Bit Crafty: Something Sweet
Kreativeinkauf Challenges: Strawberries




I used Minnie's Berry and Berry Sentiment, colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  Paper is a digi paper I had in my bag of scraps, along with solid colored cardstocks from Stampin' Up!  I added Crystal Effects to her glasses and Lime Green Stickles to the berry top.  Peace.

9 comments:

  1. You are rockin' the Tiddlies, Jenn! Love the textured DP and how your coloring came out and I'd forgotten how adorable Minnie is. Fab cards! Another crap day to craft, too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are just fabulous, Jenn--love the design & coloring of each! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous my friend! LOVE the paper piecing and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, my friend! But there's no paper piecing on this one. hee hee :)

      Delete
  4. :-D Eine lustige Erdbeerkarte! (Die Meerjungfrau gefällt mir auch).
    Danke für deine Teilnahme an der Kreativeinkauf-Challenge.

    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful work Thank you for joining us at Kreativeinkauf-Challengeblog Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very * delicious * card have you done,
    thank you that you join in the creativity Shopping Challenge.
    LG
    Hermine

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What fabulous cards, I just love the layout and colour palettes you have used! Thank you so much for joining us at the Sketch Challenge at Cards Galore, Denyse :) x

    ReplyDelete