Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summertime Sun

Good morning friends!  OK so we're on day 3 of rainy/cloudy weather here today, and I've had enough.  We hardly ever get rain, so we needed it - but helloooooo, it's SUMMER!  My kitty is beside himself, he wants to go out so badly but once he sets foot outside he turns right back around and comes in.  I feel you, Oliver.  LOL

The one positive thing that bad weather is good for is crafting!  Today's card is for the following challenges:

Punk You Girl: Anything Goes (with edgy/creepy theme)




I used the Steampunk Sun image from The Octopode Factory, colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits and some Stickles.  I printed out the sentiment in my word processing program and cut each word out after outlining it.  DP is some Halloween papers I had in my stash, and the little timepiece charm is made from shrink plastic. Peace.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool Jenn, I love the steampunk sun image, its great isnt it x
    thanks for joining us at the octopode factory x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. Such a gorgeous card. I <3 it. I'm so with you about the rain though, today was the first fully non-rain day and of course my umbrella breaks. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. first class your card! I really like - I would have so much summer but we have only 13 C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenn I totally understand how you feel about the weather we have crap summers to here in the UK it's meant to be mid summer here and I think we have had about a week of sunshine aarrrrggghhh
    Great card thankyou for playing with us at PunkyouGirl with our first challenge hope you join us again with a new challenge next week
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool, Jenn! Love the image, color palette, and that funky little watch! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great card...thanks for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete