Saturday, June 22, 2013

Peace & Chickens

hee hee   That's an interesting blog post title, no?  ;)  It's going to be 90 degrees or hotter here today, but then we are supposed to get some rain over the next couple of days, which is rare for this time of year.  I'm secretly looking forward to it, though, because I know I'll get a lot of crafting done if I'm stuck in the house.  LOL

Today we have a reminder post for you at:


I am also entering this into the:


I used this sweet digi stamp from Skhedr (which is apparently also Shery K Designs, I did not realize that!) called Peace on Earth, completely paper-pieced and torn out. I then sponged the edges with ink, and used scraps of coordinating DP for the ATC background, then sponged some more brown ink around the edges of that.  I added a little gold peace sign brad and a piece of brown rick rack from my stash to finish it off.

Next up - we also have a reminder post for you at:



I am also entering this into the:


I used the adorable chickens that we gave away as a freebie a couple of weeks ago (and which you can now find in the shop in a cute set here).  I printed them rather large, then paper-pieced them and the flowers.  I used coordinating papers for the background - that middle piece reminded me of chicken wire, so that was what made me choose this particular paper pad from MME.  I added a ribbon and some gold pearl stickers to complete it.  Peace.

9 comments:

  1. Both pieces are darling, Jenn! Love the color palettes, design & paper-piecing! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn,

    Love your cards! I had to stop by to see you & your daughters tattoos.

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...These are adorable! Love the cute images and your distressing is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the folksy feel to these projects Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week

    Alli D (GD Fab n Funky)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet ATC, Jenn. amazing you got all that on there in such a small space. Will have me saving teeny DP bits now and I already am a hoarder. LOL Fab chicken, too. Love the blue and brown combo. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fab! Really retro Christmas lol I love it!
    Thanks for playing at Diva's this week and good luck
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenn,
    These look fab. I love your papers & the paper piecing is so effective. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love these!
    They are so cute :)
    Thanks for joining us at the It's all About the Vintage & Beauty- challenge!
    Hugs Merkku

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little card!

    Thanks for joining our challenge at It's all about the Vintage and Beauty!
    Welcome to join our new fortnight challenge.

    If you are interested I am offering a blog candy
    on my blog.

    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete