Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tuesday Morning Sketches & TOF & HDH MM

Goooood morning!  Are you ready for some football?  :)  We are!  I even have dinner all prepared and ready to pop in the oven later.  We had a roast chicken dinner yesterday, and my family loves my "leftover casserole" - so that's what I made for today.  I basically take literally everything that's left over and throw it in a casserole dish with some cheese.  So today's casserole includes chicken, stuffing, corn, peas, gravy, mashed potatoes, and cheese.  Mmmmm..... I do leave the cranberry sauce out to serve on the side.  ;)  So who are you rooting for in today's game?  Being that I'm a Cali girl now, I gotta go with the 49er's.  Whatever you're doing and whoever you're rooting for, I hope you have a fun day!

My card today is for:

and


I used my favorite TOF image, Angel Girl, colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  I did her halo and eyelashes in gold Stickles and her wings are covered with SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  I used my Tim Holtz flower die for the first time and made that cute flower - not bad, eh?  LOL  Oh and I bought this sweet little set of alphabet stamps at a craft store one day, I could not resist, the set was like $2.  I love the frame around each letter and they are so tiny, they work great for ATC's (which was really what prompted me to buy them).  It says "sparkle" on here, in case you can't see it.  My paper is from My Mind's Eye.

Next up is an art journal page I did for the:


Do you recognize my story?  It's my favorite Stephen King story ever - The Dark Tower.  This line is both the first line of the first book, and the last line of the 7th book.  I'm kinda diggin' this journal page - I found some coloring pages online that worked for my scene including a desert scene, a running man, and a cowboy sitting by a fire.  I fussy-cut them out and glued them to my art journal page, then did a hazy white wash of paint over them to make them less outlined.  I then used acrylic paints to just paint them as figures, I didn't want a lot of detail.  It's funny, as I was painting I was thinking it was coming out childish-looking, unprofessional.  But once it was done and uploaded here,  I really like it!  I truly enjoy painting, but I don't have a lick of talent.  LOL  But it's fun, so I'm going to keep doing it every now and then.  That's what my art journal is for - trying new things and expressing myself artistically.  I love my art journal.  
Have a great day, my friends!  Peace.

9 comments:

  1. Adorable Octopode and that stamp set is the sweetest! Would love to get my hands on one. Very cool last words entry. I'm always a sucker for King. Thanks for getting your creep on, girlfriend. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fun Octopode card! Great design, image, & papers!
    And that journal page is way cool! Love it, too! Yes, I read that book also. I loved it. I never finished reading all of the series, though. Perhaps I should get them on my iPad!
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, your card totally makes me smile..i love everything about it! Thanks for using our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and interest image. I had to check out what Octopode was. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That big flower is gorgeous!!! Love the DP!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenn, your Octopode is amazing.
    I love the painting for the SK novel... it amazes me what people make for their journals. Don't knock yourself about having no talent - it's come up trumps GF - Fabulous !! Thank you for playing along at Haunted Design House.
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn just LOVE your Octopode Factory card - I love that image too!!! And I love your painting - I don't know taht Stephen King book but you've done a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jen, this is super super cute!! I absolutely adore how you colored Angel Girl. :D So glad to see this at TOFF this challenge. Good luck girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh isnt she just amazing? :) love your sweet octo-angel! I just got my first octopode and loved coloring it

    ReplyDelete