Friday, May 4, 2012

Dilly Beans - Texture

Happy Friday! It's 5:30 a.m. as I type this and I just can't sleep.  We leave for California tomorrow and I just have so many thoughts and emotions running through me, you know?  My mom came over yesterday and helped me pack some stuff, which was nice.  But bittersweet, of course.   I've been using that word a lot lately, I guess it's a good enough word as any to describe how I feel.  I'm excited and thrilled to be moving - but I'm sad and nervous to be leaving my family and friends.  Although I am grateful to my father-in-law for the beautiful basement apartment he helped us build in his home, it was never intended to be for the long-term and it's definitely time to move on.  The time just feels right for this.  Even my sister and mom, who don't want me to go, keep saying things like "it just feels like you're supposed to do this" and "I have a feeling you're going to be happy there" - and that helps a lot, knowing they support me even though they don't want me to leave.  So today we pick up our rental truck and pack it up.  Then I will do a bit more cleaning, then we're heading to gram's for dinner with Jeremy's family.  After dinner, my family and a few of our friends are going to stop by to say goodbye to us.  I'm sure tears will be shed.  We hit the road in the morning, hopefully by 8:00 a.m. I'll keep you posted along the way as much as possible!

We have a fun new challenge for you over at:



I made an ATC for this week, first I painted my cardboard ATC with white Gesso, using a sponge to create peaks so it would dry with some texture.  Once dry, I used light blue acrylic paint to dab all over the card with a sponge.  I then printed my owl and tree branch images (along with the sentiment) onto copy paper, colored with Prismacolor markers, and applied with Mod Podge (I find that using copy paper makes it stick better than heavier cardstock).  I used black pearl stickers for his eyes.
Head on over to see the rest of the fabulous textured creations from the DT!
Peace.

2 comments:

  1. cute card jenn, have a safe move

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colors and love all the texture on your ATC. Very "artistic." Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete