Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and... PHEW!!!

My goodness-  this time of year sure goes by fast, doesn't it?  I was proud of myself - I gave myself permission not to blog for TWO whole days.  I rarely even skip a day (as a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I skipped a day!), never mind two!  But I needed to focus on my family and Christmas and all that, and it was a nice break.  We had a fabulous Christmas - how about you all?  Here are my 2 little (big) cherubs, along with their cousin Josh:

Trev is 18, Cass is 16, and Josh is 14
We spent Christmas Eve with Jeremy's side of the family, the Borjesons, complete with all of the Swedish fixin's!  We had ham, Swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes, potato and meat sausage, and sill.  I made macaroni and cheese, too, which turned out really yummy.  We ate too much and laughed and had a fun night.  Elianna was the star of the show, of course - there's just something about having a baby around that makes Christmas even more special.  On Christmas day, we took it easy and visited my sister in our pj's, then stopped at my mom's house.  We exchanged gifts and then came home and ate leftovers for dinner.  Yesterday Jeremy took Trev to spend their gift cards and they both came home with new sneakers, which they needed.  Jeremy also got a nice new pair of boots for work (from me). My gifts included some new paints and mists, books, adhesive, body sprays, and a couple of fun gift certificates!  Cass got a TV and Trev got a new phone - so everyone was definitely happy!  :)
 *********************************************
Now that the festivities are over, I have a week off from work!  Good thing - I don't think I would even FIT into my pants!  Good Lord!  Time to step away from the fudge, Jenn.  ;)  I did some crafting last night and have been cleaning and organizing today - hoping to spend the rest of today and the next couple of days playing with my new stuff.  For now, I have a card for the:

(I used ribbon/twine & gems & glitter/sparkle)

I colored this adorable Saturated Canary image with Prismacolor markers and added lots of Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  I tied twine around the card and added some pink gemstone stickers.  Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun Christmas! That's good. =D Lucky to have the time of work...I'm jealous. LOL LOVE the new card...I just adore the Saturated Canary images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jenn :-) the image is very cute and the colours and design are fab :-)

    Lovely photo too :-) Glad you had a lovely Christmas, the food sounds very yummy :-)


    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Glad that you had such a wonderful holiday :) I have been banned from the fudge and cookies...in fact my beau put a restraining order, ha!
    Very beautiful card; always had a weakness for anything pink. She's adorable and fashion forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jenn, the image is sooooo cute :)
    Your photo is lovely, so pleased you had a lovely Christmas.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and playing bingo with us :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete