Sunday, June 14, 2015

Congrats on Your Graduation

Good morning!  I made my first pineapple upside down cake yesterday - take a peek:


I'm having company for dinner, making Korean style short ribs and serving the cake as dessert.  I hope it tastes as good as it looks!  If you're interested, I used the recipe from here.  I took the advice from some of the comments and did not frost my cake - there is so much butter & sugar in this cake, I didn't want our teeth to fall out after eating it!  LOL  I also went with a one-layer 9x13 cake instead of using 2 9-inch round cake pans.  My cake did not bubble up or boil over, as some of the comments mentioned.  I'm also wondering if some people didn't catch the fact that you need to use cake flour rather than regular flour.  Using regular flour would cause the cake to come out thicker and more dense, like bread.  If you don't have cake flour, I'll tell you how to make it really fast - for every cup of flour that you need, take out 2 T of flour and replace it with 2 T of cornstarch.  Sift together and you now have cake flour.  You're welcome.  :)

Today I have another graduation card to share:


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:


I used my Silhouette to create the cap & scroll, used gold embossing powder all over the edges of the card, added some Washi tape and finished it off with the little ticket stamp from Scrapalicious Times Sentiments.  Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the baking tip my friend!
    Such a great graduation card, love the grad ticket! I always struggle with grad cards...I never think they turn out as good as they should.

    ReplyDelete