Saturday, April 13, 2013

Cards and Kids and Colorful Skulls

Hi there - whatcha all up to this weekend?  I've got some cleaning and laundry to do, and today I'm making spaghetti sauce and eggplant parmesan.  Yum.  I love cooking!  This morning, I'm using the leftover carnitas meat to make breakfast burritos.  So good!

Today we have a couple of reminder posts for you - first up at:


Stop by the blog to see the rest of the DT's interpretations of this fun theme and to play along with us!

Our next reminder post is at:




I am also entering this into the:

and

I used used O' Little Fireman, colored with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and I also paper-pieced his clothes and hat.  Paper is some digi paper I found from Kindred Creations, and I added some little fireman brads from my stash.  Sentiment is from TLC Creations.

And last for today is my card for the:



 
I used the skull from the Sweet & Toxic set, stamped in rainbow overlapping colors, along with some fun printable paper I found online.  I added some red rickrack and then tied a turquoise ribbon and a lime green stitched ribbon around it. Peace.

13 comments:

  1. My! You are busy! I really like your fireman and the sentiment is just perfect. I really like your Royal Flush as I am a card player (both kinds), just not poker as I overbid.

    Your polka dot background paper is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three great cards Jenn...especially love the rainbow skulls card...it is so colorful! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been really busy Jenn. I am hoping to get back on my feet and get my creative MOJO going soon. Wonderful projects!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, look at your AFA creation....I LOVE IT and all the rainbow skulls!

    Your ATC is perfect too! After I made mine I saw all kinds of stamps and images that would have been perfect for the challenge...but really, who can resist 007?!! I didn't have the heart to change it!

    Have fun cooking, your meals sound delicous!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn your "Royal Flush" ATC is really striking - love it!! Love that little fireman too and the bright coloured skulls look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cool card Jen!!
    Great take on the colourinspiration photo..
    Hope you cooking was great too..

    Thanks for joining ANYONE FOR ANYA, goodluck and see you next week!
    HUgs AFA DT Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute and fun boy's card! Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn - this is a beautiful card - my hero wears a hat too - he is a retired policeman - I am here to let you know that Chriss is sorry she did not get her card uploaded on Saturday for the challenge - but she is doing great now that she knows the reason - I explained it to her - she has so much inside her brain that she could not get to the area that told her to get her card uploaded - she will be sure to be on time for the next challenge - enjoy your day! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to come to your house to eat. 'K?
    In the meantime, I love all three of your creations! Fabulous ATC--great design & papers!!! Love that darling fireboy, the papers, design, and sentiment on your second piece. And wonderful, colorful design on your third! You go, Girl! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all three cards, Jenn but the rainbow skullies are inspired! Fabulous work. Can I come for dinner? xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work!!! Thanks for participating in our QKR STAMPEDE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete