Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Delicious Doodles & Pixie Dust Studio

I would not feel right if I didn't acknowledge the date today.  September 11.  A day that very few people in America over the age of 13 or so don't have very specific memories of.  For me, my kids were little - Cass was 6 and she was home sick that day.  We were in bed watching TV together when the news broke through and my poor little girl watched with me as the 2nd plane flew into the 2nd tower... I remember being scared, then angry, then protective of my children.  Just wanting to hold them tight.  When my son got off the bus that afternoon (he was 8), I just grabbed him and never wanted to let go.  Today, we remember all the heroes from that day and the horrific days and months that followed.  I have never been able to watch or read anything about that day without crying, and I doubt I ever will.  
 ************************************************
I went to Michael's Craft Store yesterday and got a few more MME paper pads that I definitely don't need but can't wait to use.  They had some great Halloween stuff, too, so I'm planning on putting some of my Halloween projects on Etsy soon.  Halloween is one of my favorite times of year, I just love it.  Anyway, my first card is for the:

I used Black Widow from Delicious Doodles, colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  I used some Glossy Accents on the flower and the drippy part of the candle.  Spider web background is from a site that offer free coloring pages here.

Next is my card for the:

  I used Frankie Boy from Pixie Dust Studio, along with some cool digi paper from Shery K Designs.  I added a sentiment from Sassy Studio, some screw brads, and ribbon tags.  Peace.

7 comments:

  1. Both are great Halloween cards - full of fun! But I adore that Delicious Doodles image - she is sooo spooky!! What girl lets a spider on her without screeming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Delicious Doodles card Jenn - great background & image! And Frankie Boy is just so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh look at little frankenstein such a cute card, love the vampire very creepy ans spooky...love em jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards! Love the colors and details! Thanks for joining the Pixies at Pixie Dust Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant makes hun!
    Thanks for playing in the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work! So glad you joined us at Delicious Doodles Challenge. Excellent choice from Teri's images, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Of course I love Frankie, but your Delicios Doodles is too fab for words! Way cool sentiment I just may have to borrow. xxD

    ReplyDelete