Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Whimsie Doodles & Card for Ryan

I love when I force myself to use non-cute images.  I am just drawn to cutesy and can't help it!  LOL  But when I step outside of my comfort zone, I'm almost always happy with the results.  Like this cool card for the:

These images are called Margarita and Margarita Sentiment, appropriately enough.  ;)  I colored them with SU! ink and Prismacolor markers, used some yellow gemstone stickers and added a sheer black ribbon.  I fussy cut the drink and lemons and layered it on top of the sentiment.  

And I have another card for Ryan - click here to read about the Call for Cards for Ryan:


I used this adorable doggie from Just Some Lines, colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  I love the paw print background paper, how perfect is that?  The sentiment is a rub-on from SU!  Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...margarita... LOL Love your cards! The first one makes me wnat to get a drink and just lay out by the pool. Ryan's going to love his second card....it's adorable! That image is too sweet, and you're right; that background paper is perfect! Awesome job! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn!!!! These are both AMAZING!! You totally don't look out of your comfort zone!! So bright and cheery!! And I know Ryan is going to LOVE his card, again!! You rock girlfriend! Thank you!!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete