Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cassidy & Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! This is the card that I made for my mom, using Stamping Bella's MissMatch Ketto, thanks to the generosity of one of my fellow SCS Wish RAK members (my own Missmatch Ketto is on its way to me... yippee!):


Now I promised I'd come back to brag about Cassidy after my previous bragging post about Trevor. ;o) Here she is, 14 years old, this is on the back porch of gram's house this morning:

Cassidy was my adventurous baby. She started talking and walking long before she turned one. We had to take her crib down when she was about a year and a half old, because she kept jumping out of it and she ended up knocking her front tooth up into her gums (it came back down on its' own fine)!!! People always told me that boys were the ones who ran you ragged - not in my family! Cassidy was always the one taking risks - she had staples in her scalp twice before she was 3 after climbing on furniture. We bought gates - she climbed over them. Trevor would be about 4 and Cassidy 2, and he'd come to me, "Mama - Cassidy is on the bureau again." I'd go in the bedroom and there she'd be, proud as a peacock, sitting on top of the bureau grinning at me.

She was a riot and she still makes us laugh. She is so smart - she's a great writer, I love reading the things that she writes. She is a complete sweetheart and has a heart of gold. She loves her friends and would do anything for them. She gets her feelings hurt easily - she is a lot like her mom, in a lot of ways. She's been my little buddy since she was just a baby - she's always wanted to be with me, and she is still like that in a lot of ways. When she was about three or four, she'd sit on the dryer while I folded laundry asking me a billion questions, and I loved it. She always wanted to tag along with me everywhere I went, and I'm so glad that I let her. She's a teenager now, so she has her moments - but for the most part, she's a complete pleasure. I love her beautiful blue eyes, her gorgeous smile, I love her infectious laugh, I love how she can be shy sometimes but obnoxiously NOT shy other times... so much like me... hee hee She's just turning into a wonderful young lady, and I am so very proud of her.

Happy Mother's Day! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment