Sunday, March 11, 2012

HDH MM & Tiddly Inks

Hello friends!  Well, Trevor has decided to put the military on hold for now.  There are several reasons behind it, but I think the bottom line is that he's just not ready for that big of a commitment right now.  He's a young-18, and I think he may re-consider in a couple of years.  Either way, it's his decision and I'm proud of him for knowing it wasn't the right time.  He is heading out to California on Tuesday to join Jeremy, and he's super excited.  We went over my mom's today so they could say goodbye to Trev.  They got Chinese food and a strawberry rhubarb pie and a cherry cheesecake for Trev - his favorites.  It was nice.  I always leave there with such mixed feelings, thankful for what we have but wishing it was more.  Then I feel guilty for thinking that because I know I should be grateful for what I have and leave the rest alone, but it's just hard.  Sad.  I don't know.
 
Have you all been paying attention to the solar flares currently happening?  My friend Kelly shared an interesting link on Facebook yesterday that I found fascinating, check it out:
 
Now for the good stuff!  :)  I have 2 things for today, first is my card for the:
 
 
I used Isabella Fairy, one of the new Dilly Beans images, printed her twice on Kraft cardstock, and colored her with Prismacolor pencils, mineral spirits, and markers.  I kept the embellishments to a minimum to keep the focus on the images.  I printed "twice as nice" out on Kraft and used an oval punch, then dragged the edges through a black ink pad.
 
My next card is for the:
 
 
I used Sollytude and colored her with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits and Prismacolor markers.  Felt flower and DP are from SU!  Ribbon is from my stash.
Peace.

7 comments:

  1. Love love love your card with the new Dilly Beans image - I just have to have that image!!! Great fabric card too Jenn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn these are both fantastic! love the paper on your bottom card, thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous job Jenn! Love Sollytude in her little pink outfit and those papers are just gorgeous!!! I love them - SU is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks - I love when you play with us!
    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these cards are fabulous Jenn! I love the felt flower you added to your Tiddly card!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Tiddly Inks in our Fabric challenge!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation for MM this week Jenn!
    Your Tiddly card is adorable too.
    Thanks for playing along this week at HDH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great MM card. Love that image and the colour range you chose - especially with a bit of bling :-) Thank you for playing at Haunted Design House :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cooool! Fabulous take on the Terrible Twos and the fabric fun one is so pretty! I'm too chicken to use cloth or felt on my cards so I give you credit! Ya know, I was thinking, Jenn, we should at least meet for coffee sometime! We're so close and what are the odds of that? lol Not just the same state, not just the same city, but the same freakin' neighborhood practically! Hope all is well! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete