Saturday, August 13, 2011

MPS & JSL - it's Saturday :)

Woke up with a headache this morning - ugh!  I think I got too much sun yesterday, feeling a little on the burnt side and maybe a tad dehydrated.  But it was a nice day - spent the day at my mom's and helped her apply for Social Security benefits online for when she retires this Fall.  Then I sat in the sun next to her pool for about 5 hours, even jumped in the pool once, it was great.  Trev was with me and Cass was finishing her driver's education course and taking her final exam, so she came over when she was done.  I've spent way too much time in the house this Summer - haven't even gone to the beach ONCE yet!  I think I might have to try to sweet-talk hubby into a beach trip next weekend.  Wish me luck!

Today is new challenge day at Just Some Lines!  Our theme for the next 2 weeks is going to be:  


I used this gorgeous wedding gown image and the wet embossing technique.  I stamped a background all over the black cardstock with Embossing ink, then sprinkled silver embossing powder over it and shot it with my heat-gun.  Then I dragged the edges of the circle that the image is stamped on back through the embossing ink, and sprinkled gold embossing powder over it.  Shot it with the heat gun again and mounted it to the card.  I added a few silver and gold ribbon tags and voila - pretty bridal shower card.  The inside says "Best Wishes on your Special Day."  I am also entering this wedding dress card into the:


Little Claire's Designs Challenge - Weddings & Anniversaries

Next up is my Saturday Spotlight card for Michelle Perkett Studio.  Be sure to go check out the site to see the rest of the mermaids work!  :)


I used the adorable Birthday Sprite image, colored with Stampin' Up! markers and Prismacolor pencils with mineral spirits.  Cardstock, DP, buttons, ribbon, and brads all from SU!

Hope you have a great weekend, my friends!  Don't forget to check out the SNR EVENTS going on - we're featuring a different manufacturer several times a month, with TONS of eye candy, lots of tutorials and classes, and chances to win stuff!  If you're not a subscriber - why not?  It's totally worth it - and don't forget, you don't have to be a subscriber to submit artwork for publication!  AND - you get a free subscription for a month if you do get something published.  Click here for a description of the calls that are due August 28.
Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful wedding card - very elegant and the colours really go well with the image.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire Designs.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Little Claires x

    ReplyDelete