Friday, May 28, 2010

Club Anya Saturday Sketch

It's been a tough week. *sigh* As you probably know, we had my friend Mel's calling hours Monday night and then a bunch of us met at a local restaurant after. Her funeral was Tuesday... and it was rough. Then on Thursday afternoon (yesterday), we went to calling hours and a memorial service for Jeremy's cousin Todd, who was only 49 years old. Todd lived in Hawaii and was very adventurous - he had gone hiking and didn't come back and his girlfriend called the authorities. A hunter found him propped up against a tree as if he had sat down to rest and had a heart attack.
In addition to all that, last night I found out that one of my cousin's nephews, who was only 3 years old, passed away this week after fighting cancer. :( It's just not fair, you know? What a week!
Makes you think - life is just so fleeting, you know?

I now have a few days off from work to rest, recuperate, and get ready for our big Memorial Day cookout/party. I'm really looking forward to having some fun - I desperately need it after all this sadness.

For today, just sharing the card I had made for last Saturday's Club Anya Saturday Sketch Challenge (#19) (there was no folder set up for Sketch 19 in the gallery, so we just added our cards to the main Club Anya Saturday Sketches gallery)


I used one of the Wild Sprouts from the Roll Call set, her name is Nahla. I have a cat with the same name but we spell it Nala. :) Anyway, I think she's super cute. I used Prismacolor color pencils blended with Gamsol and SU! markers to color her. Various DP's and ribbons.

Hope you all have a great weekend and I hope next week is better than this one. Peace.

1 comment: