Thursday, September 29, 2011

TGF Heart Journal

Good morning!  I've got a little mini rant for today.  LOL There is a particular stamp company of which I am quite fond (but won't name here because the purpose of this is not to bash them as a stamp company) that runs their challenges through SplitcoastStampers instead of by using a linky system.  I don't really like those types of challenges because they seem more like SCS popularity contests than true challenges.  So that's what my rant is about today - I decided to play along last week and was deeply disappointed not to receive ONE comment on my entry.  It's especially disheartening when several others have 40 comments or more on their card.  I also can see there were over 90 "views" of my card.  90+ views but not one person could leave a comment?  It's just kind of odd to me.  So I made a point to go through the entire gallery and leave a comment on every card that didn't have one.  I'm on a couple of DT's and I guess I feel like it's my job to make people feel warm and fuzzy about using that company's product.  When we do challenges, I comment on EVERY single entry into our challenges, even when there are hundreds.  It just feels like the right thing to do.  I wish everyone felt that way, because it actually made me feel bad not to have received one lousy comment - and it's just silly to feel badly over something that's supposed to be fun.  OK - rant over.  Hmph.

I just have one thing to share today, it's this week's entry into:
The Greeting Farm Heart Journal - Week 10


I used Gesso on my pages, then some pink acrylic paint on the right page.  DP is from My Mind's Eye - I tore the words out and then tore the paper to fit the pages.  I always wished I knew how to play the guitar - kind of a secret wish when I was a kid!  LOL

Well I'm off to spend the day with my good friend Linda, looking forward to finding some new colors of Smooch Spritzes & sprays!  :)
Have a great day!  Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it! There is just something about your journal that really intrigues me. I really enjoy seeing the pages.

    And don't worry about those people. Just keep creating and encouraging others. That's what it's all about. Having fun!!

    ReplyDelete