Sunday, December 21, 2008

New England sucks!

There, I said it. I am NOT a fan of this beautiful part of the country that I inhabit, with it's lovely four seasons and all. Well, OK, I'm not a fan of it during Winter. I'm a fair-weather friend, I guess. It's hard to feel anything but loathing when your entire car, house, and streets/sideways are covered in alternating layers of rock-hard ice, snow, and slush. During the past week and a half, we have had an ice storm the likes of which I have never experienced and hope to never experience again, lost power for almost a week (OVER a week for some folks), and just within the past 3-4 days been dumped on by that witch Mother Nature close to two freaking FEET of snow. And Winter JUST STARTED YESTERDAY! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK - I had to have a little mini breakdown there, sorry about that. I'm feeling much better now. The kids' school was canceled for today and tomorrow, so that gives us all 3 straight weeks of unending togetherness. Are you feeling the freaking love or what? *sigh* My kids are antsy and irritable and bored. Trevor, especially - he NEEDS school, it helps keep him on track with everything - when he's away from school for too long, he seems to kind of regress. I think a big part of it is the fact that kids get so excited for Christmas, there's so much anticipation. At least when they are in school, they are busy and occupied and have other things to keep their minds on, you know? Well, at this point there is really only one more day to get through - our family's big celebration is on Christmas Eve. And I plan on baking all day tomorrow, so I'll have the kids helping me and hopefully they will be able to get along and we can have an enjoyable day. I am making peanut butter cookies for Cassidy, molasses cookies for Trevor, Frito Dip for Jeremy (this awesome yummy delicious dip that is actually heated up and served with Fritos SCOOPS - everyone in my family is addicted to it - e-mail me if you want the recipe!) - then I am also making chocolate fudge and Chex mix, because those are the 2 things that I make every year that remind me of my favorite aunt who passed away about 14 years ago.

We are loving our new home, I am so very happy here. I just love it. I have unpacked every single box and put everything away, I'm so proud of myself. We do need to get a tree now, though - seems pointless with Christmas a couple days away, but how can you wake up Christmas morning with no tree? You can't - se we're getting one. It will probably be a small one, but we're getting a stinkin' tree!

I probably won't be back until after Christmas, so I hope you all have a wonderful and happy celebration and that you get whatever you wished for. Peace, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big fan of winter either. We have nothing but cold, ice and snow here in Iowa. As far as I'm concerned it can all disappear the day after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete