Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Help me design my new tattoo??

Hello all! I've decided on the perfect way to honor and memorialize my buddy Meg, who passed away on June 5, 2008, at the age of 11 years old. This is Meg, and I miss her deeply:

Meg was a few years younger than Cassidy, and I could see her blossoming into the pre-teen that she was becoming when suck-ass cancer took her away. I have wanted another tattoo for some time, but I wanted it to have meaning. I thought about getting "Cancer Sucks" across my forehead, but that might affect my ability to maintain gainful employment (G.D. sticks in the mud!) - so what I decided on is a pretty tattoo with meaning, but I need someone who can draw to help me design it.

What I'm looking for is this: a pretty pair of angel wings with a small bumblebee flying above them - and I want the bumblebee's antenna to be in the shape of an M for Meg. Lastly, I want the small letters RIP somewhere on it, too - either under the angel wings or near the bumblebee, since it really means "rest in peace, Meg". I think I'm going to have the tattoo done between my shoulder blades. And yes, I know it's going to hurt (I have 3 already). It's NOTHING compared to what this little girl went through, trust me.

So what do you think? If anyone would like to give it a shot, just leave me a comment and/or click on "View My Complete Profile" and there is a button there where you can send me an e-mail.

I know that Meg's mom Theresa reads my blog because she told me so in a recent card that she sent me (a beautiful card that I still read every other day, thank you Theresa) - Theresa, I hope that this tattoo idea makes you smile. If I could, I'd build an 80-foot angel monument to Meg and surround it with golden bumblebees and kitties. If I could, I'd eradicate cancer completely so that no one else ever has to go through this crap. What I can do is ink myself up and continue to try to help people, so that's what I'll keep on doing. I'm really excited about the idea and I just have a feeling that it's going to come out beautifully.

Missing Meg, but never forgetting -
Peace, Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenn, I meant to tell you I asked and my kids don't know anyone who can design one. You might go to Wormtown on Highland Street though and check with them!! I think it is a remarkable tribute!! I hope it comes out perfectly. I have a feeling it will because there is a little angel watching over this! hugs, Linda

    PS love the thank you card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I wish we lived near each other girlfriend. I could hold your hand while you get your tattoo and you could give me the courage to get mine. *sigh* Cancer sucks hard.

    ReplyDelete