Monday, March 24, 2014

Hippie Birthday!

Well, yesterday was quite an eventful day.  My husband was playing poker in a tournament, so I went to visit my parents for a bit.  My brother, who is 38 years old and a complete piece of crap, was skulking around making comments about how much my phone is worth (he's known for stealing from us and frequenting the local pawn shops with our belongings, so I try not to let him see that I have anything worth stealing...) and just generally making me uncomfortable and hate him even more...  *sigh*   OK deep breaths - so anyway, my nephew Eric (my sister's son, he's 23 years old) was there and needed a ride home to his house, which is about 1/2 hour away.  I offered to give him a ride home, and we left. We were talking about my brother and what a jerk he is, we were talking about when I showed up to be Eric's prom date (no kidding - long story - click here if you want to read it...LOL) and he said to me "Auntie, I'm so glad you did that - that was the best."  And I was driving and laughing and all of a sudden he started making this weird noise... and I look over, and he's having a seizure.  Eric has epilepsy, and I've only witnessed the after-effects of a seizure, I've never actually been there when he had one.  It was awful.  It was so scary to see someone I love so much look like that... I won't go into detail, but every time I think about it I just burst into tears.  :(  The thing is, I love this kid as much as my own - man, it was just terrifying.  There is nothing you can do except wait for it to be over.  Ugh.  My poor sister.  :(

OK so anyway - moving on to the reason you're here.  Today's card is for my friend Annik, who is a fellow hippie like me and has a birthday coming up on Saturday.  This is for the:

I would also like to enter this into the:

Digi Galore Challenge: Anything Goes

I used Eleanor Hippie Chick, colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  I added Stickles to her glasses, necklace, and bracelets.  Paper is from echo park, peace sign stickers with gems are from my stash and I created the sentiment with my Dymo Caption Maker.  Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my dear friend, sounds like you had a rough time....find your happy place and stay there until all the "ugly" goes away! My happy place is filled with sangria and martinis!
    Yes, I can picture you as a "hippie" even though you are not from the era of free love. An adorable card with the sweetest image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Lacy Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete