Sunday, September 4, 2011

TGF - Which One Wednesday & Sweet Stampin'

My horoscope today was funny - it said something about how I should stop beating myself up over something I recently said or did, that I followed my conscience and there is nothing wrong with that.  It's funny because it's true!  I have always been the girl who really hates confrontation - so when people treat me poorly or my friends hurt my feelings, I usually don't say or do anything but I let it eat away at me.  I think that's why I have so many problems with my neck and migraines.  But over the past year, I've developed more of a back bone and have realized several things and here is the number one, most important thing that I have learned:  people who enjoy hurting you are not your friends.  They're not.  It doesn't matter if you've known them your whole life - longevity does not make friendship.  Trust, love, honesty, acceptance - those things make friendship.  This does NOT mean that you can't argue with your friends, get mad at them, disagree, have conflicting opinions.  What it means is that you should accept your friends for who they are but also be able to discuss the things that bother you or that you disagree about and then let it go and move on - am I right?  I think this is why true friendship is so rare and precious, very few of us are able to accept our own faults, never mind others.  I'm not perfect and if someone can't love me for who I am, then c'est la vie!  :)  It's been a little bit hard for me to really practice (the "not letting it get to me" part), but I'm working on it!  LOL


Today I have a card for:



I used one of the TGF digi images, Dressy Joyce - I paper pieced her clothes and colored her with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  DP is from 7Gypsies, buttons and twine are from my stash.

I am also entering this into the:
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - anything but birthday

Have a great Sunday.  Peace.

4 comments:

  1. So true and something we all need to remember. Super cute card, love the green and blue combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, something we all need to remember. Super cute card - love the blue and green combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Card Hun, Lovely Backing papers and embellishments!
    Thank You for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin!
    Hugs Kobie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jenn, love the colour scheme its just beautiful! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin, hugs Zoe x

    ReplyDelete