Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Peaceful Wishes

Here is another card I made using Ella at Peace from AiFactory. I am telling you, I could make endless cards with this little cutie. And I may. Here she is in Tempting Turquoise and So Saffron:

I'm sure most of you are aware that Haiti was rocked by yet another earthquake this morning, this one a 6.0 on the Richter scale. The young lady I told you about, Britney Gengel, has still not been found. She has been missing along with 3 of her classmates and 2 professors. Everyone around here is holding out hope for miracles, but it's very disheartening. Life is so fragile, it's so fleeting. This has really made me do a lot of thinking this past week.

You know, I'm a happy person - I just enjoy being happy. I've always lived with the philosophy that being happy is what is most important. So that could mean many different things to different people. What makes me happy might not be what makes you happy - and that's OK! But I've realized over the past few months that as I've moved up into management at work, I've become very unhappy. There are a lot of reasons, there has been a lot of change and a loss of staff that has left the remaining employees really struggling. I have worked since I was 14, I really enjoy working. I've always loved my jobs and given them my all. But it's really difficult to give your all to a job where you don't feel acknowledged or appreciated. *sigh* I won't bore you with all the details, this post could be awfully long if I did. But I will tell you that I'm re-evaluating my job, my career, my life. I know what makes me happy - my family, my friends, making cards, writing, making other people happy. I wish I could make a real living doing those things. No matter what, though, I am going to be happy. I deserve to be happy and my family deserves to have a happy mom/wife/sister/daughter!!!

So much to think about. Peace.

3 comments:

  1. This is SO cute, Jenn! What a sweet little image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the serene feel your card has...those colors are perfect with the cute little image! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable. Sorry I've been MIA. Just got back from vacation & back to checking my blog list.

    Reading this post I could have written it myself this past month best of luck with you decisions.

    ReplyDelete