Sunday, March 8, 2009

Facebook

When these social networking sites first came out, I joined MySpace simply to keep an eye on my daughter and her friends. I started finding some old friends and quickly became a fan myself, finding myself logging on every day to "check my MySpace." LOL I joined Facebook, too, but wasn't too crazy about it at first. Well - let's just say that over the past 6 months, my resistance has turned into an obsession. I rarely log in to MySpace anymore, unless it's to literally check on one of my kids or their friends, but I am logged into my Facebook account at least a few times a day! I have found literally hundreds of old friends from high school, from old jobs, etc.

What I love about Facebook the most is that I've reconnected with old friends who I most likely would not have without it. A whole bunch of us ended up meeting at a local bar the other night and we had the best time, it was so nice to see so many of my oldest, bestest friends. Most of my best friends have always been guys. It was nice to finally meet their girlfriends/wives, who were all sweethearts!

OK so this is my sister Shell and our friend Amy who we have known since we were in elementary school. Amy is in the middle:
Me and Shell being silly:

Me and my girl, Shannon:
Shannon and my hubby Jeremy:
Me and Shannon's hubby Tim:
Shannon and HER hubby, Timmy:
Shannon and our friend Sean, who we all adore:
Me and Sean (Sean is Amy's brother, I've been friends with him my entire life):
Shannon posing on the pool table with Jeremy, Tim, and Bob - cuz that's how she rolls (hee hee):
Me and my Christopher, we've also been friends for just about our entire loves, I love him like a brother:
Me and another life-long friend, Chunny - let's just say we're a very lovey-dovey group of friends and I'm lucky that my husband is so understanding of my relationships with my friends, since the majority of them are men! LOL
Me, Tanya and Shannon:
This is Dana, Kristen, me and Dave. Dave and Dana are identical twins - Dave is one of my very best friends in the world (I love you, too, though, Dana! hee hee):
This is Dave and his girlfriend Karen, who I finally got to meet! She's a sweetheart and I am so glad that Dave has such a wonderful woman in his life, he deserves it!
This is my old friend Dan from high school and his wife, Jen - who it turns out I have several mutual friends in common with - it really is a small world! This was the first time I had ever met Jen, too, and I loved her!
We had a great time and I hope even more old friends show up next time! I'm very thankful to have these people back in my life. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter Jenis reconnecting with a lot of her HS buddies on Facebook too. It is amazing how many people are on it now! Looks like you had a lot of fun my friend!!

    Have a great Sunday - are you loving this?

    ReplyDelete