Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ghosts and I've been published!

I am pretty sure that we have a ghost. Or ghosts. Don't tell me you don't "believe" in ghosts, please. Ghosts are just energy left behind, there's no "believing" it or not. They just are. Some people are more sensitive to them, some energy is more.... active, I guess. I'm a skeptical person, too, trust me. I watch some of those "ghost hunter" shows and I laugh my ass off at how fake some of them are. It's a shame because it makes a mockery out of something that should be taken seriously, as far as I'm concerned.

So anyway, we've had quite a few freaky things happen since we moved into this house on December 19, 2008. Yeah, 3 months ago. I'm not going to tell you all of them, but most recently it's been lightbulbs. Almost every day for the past week, a lightbulb has blown or fallen out of the ceiling and smashed all over the floor. Bathroom, kitchen, living room, cellar, and my craft room. The kids hear noises at night in the hallway, like someone walking - the floorboards are very creaky, you cannot tiptoe around up there. Things move - like knickknacks rearrange themselves overnight. LOL It's mostly harmless stuff, but the lightbulbs are starting to freak me out a little bit.

This house was built in 1920 as a small 1-bedroom ranch. Jeremy's father, Richard, added the 2nd floor to this house when Jeremy was a kid, probably around 1980, and they lived here for several years. After we had already had a few freaky things happen, Richard casually mentioned to Jeremy that he thought this house might be haunted. Then we were talking to Jeremy's 20-year-old cousin Matt, who told us that he has 2 friends who have lived here and both said it was haunted.

It's weird, though, I don't feel threatened or anything. I can't help but wonder if it goes upstairs wondering how the 2nd floor got there, you know? LOL Like it's just curious, maybe? I can't find anything online about the history of the house, but I'm thinking about going to the library in town and seeing if there is anything there. You can be sure I'll post if I find anything!!

OK So I had a card chosen to be published in the April issue of Crafts N' Things magazine - thanks, Dawn!!! This is the card:

I'll be posting more cards tomorrow. Peace.

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting! My house creaks too from contracting or expanding and I have thought for sure someone was waling in the hall from those, but NEVER have I had anything else like the light bulbs or knick knacks rearranging! I want to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I think that would just put me on edge. I'd love to hear if you find anything out. Congrats for getting published. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And congrats on being published my friend - the card is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with you on the ghost thing, although I have to admit that I love watching Ghost Hunters. I'd love for Jason and Grant to come to my house and debunk my bumps in the night. Like you, I'm not afraid but some things still creep me out. :-O

    ReplyDelete