Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mad Tea

Good morning!  I normally type my blog posts up at night and schedule them for the next morning, but last night we went to Jeremy's mom's to have dinner with the family.  His sisters were both here, which is rare, and it was really nice to see them.  We had a great visit, but we got home late (for us) and after getting into an argument with Trevor, I was just too tired to type it up.  Trev is my 19-year-old son who has Asperger's - but who will adamantly deny this fact.  He is a wonderful kid, growing into a young man, and luckily our bad days are few and far between.  But when we do have a bad day, it's usually a combination of him being in a bad mood and my patience-meter reaching it's limit.  I don't like to talk about it very much publicly, because I feel like he's entitled to his privacy, especially now that he is an adult (I use that word in the loosest form possible...).  But I swear I'm going to write a book some day, privacy be damned.  I'm a writer, and I have so much to say that some days I feel like I might just burst if I don't sit down and get it all out.  In writing.  Poor Trev.  LOL

So just one card to share today - made this one with the following challenges in mind:

and


I used New Mad Hatter from The Octopode Factory, printed directly on, and paired with, some fun paper from Cosmo Cricket (thanks to Melissa O's give-away!) and added a little digi clock that I cut out from a Tiddly Inks image.  I printed the text with my word processing program and added some ribbon from Stampin' Up!  Peace.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Jenn! Love the whimsical mix of papers and gorgeous coloring to match. Perfect clock, too. Thanks for sharing with The Altered Alice. Hang in there, Chickie. We all have bad days. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jenn...love your Octopode Factory image and your card layout. Always brilliant! Good luck with your son! My husband and I survived three daughters...whew! At some point Trevor will realize that your are just being a good parent and thank you for it some day.

    PS - I'm so excited to be on the Dilly Bean team with you! (but also a little nervous that my work is not as fancy and elaborate as the other team members)...

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!!! At first, I thought it said "Mad Teal" and I was like...oooh cool! Like, ya know, 'cause my hair is all 'mad teal' and stuff. Lol! I think I need a nap. Anyways...love this. I think it's super rad. Love his sparkly specs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic card jenn !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, Jenn!! Love your stuff :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way you printed your mad hatter directly onto the design paper was a mark of genius This is absolutely kewl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing along with The Altered Alice! What a great blend of patterns and colors, I need to get better at that! Vivid and fun!

    ReplyDelete