Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MPS & Queen of the Damned & Altered Alice

Tuesday again - time for another:

I decided to use Michelle's adorable Alice in Wonderland image (apparently, I'm on an Alice kick lately...), I printed her on Very Vanilla cardstock and I think she came out quite vintage-y, what about you?

Next up - further proof of my current obsession kick - a journal page I made for this week's:


 OK so I'm also entering this into the (thanks, Donna!):

Altered Alice Challenge - Use Paint

I just HAD to use the Queen of Hearts from Dilly Beans after I had just used Alice for last week's Kreepy Kids challenge!  LOL  I actually printed out a mini version of Alice and chopped off her head for the Queen's Staff.  hee hee <evil chuckle>  I used Gesso on my page and then dripped black and red watered-down paint over it.  I sprayed the whole thing with Silver Foil Smooch Spritz.  Whatcha think?  I am really getting into this art journaling - I'm finding myself painting and Gesso-ing and don't even get me started on Mod Podge.  OMG - why did no one ever tell me that one cannot live without Mod Podge?  My life is complete.  *sigh*  Uh - anyway - I'm having fun.  That's the point to art - maybe I'll expand to canvas some day!  Peace.

12 comments:

  1. Great cards Jenn - I love the MPS image for the vintage theme this week!!! And your new Macabre creation is great - love what you have done with Alice's head LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, Jenn! Always love Alice and having her head on the Queen's scepter is wonderfully creepy. Thanks for joining the Minions again this week. Your dark side is coming along quite nicely. LOL BTW, you could also enter it in the Altered Alice Painting the Roses Red challenge which is actually just using paint on your project. you don't actually have to have roses. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards. they are both great. I love Dilly Beans! Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe looks great, brilliant job on this. Thanks for entering it in the macabre monday challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fabulous! I'm especially loving the second. You know me...anything creepy! =D Love having the head on the scepter...very creative. Glad you're having so much fun with the art journaling! I'm a little scared of it...I don't do paint. Maybe someday. =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! Nicely creepy indeed and very in keeping with the Queen's character, LOL! Great use of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Jenn! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful pieces, one sweet and one ... ahm ... not. :)

    Love your fun style!

    Thanks for dropping down the rabbit hole with us this month at The Altered Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow these are wonderful.
    Awesome cards. Love them.

    Thanks for playing Altered Alice this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love both of these, but especially that second one, I think I may need another trip to the Dilly Beans store soon :D
    Thanks for playing along with our Queen of the Damned challenge at HDH, and sorry my comment's a bit late :( Hope to see you at this week's challenge too - Carnival of Curiosities :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable yet delightfully creepy...LOVE it! Mod Podge is the absolute best I would buy it by the vat if I could...you have to try the sparkle and shimmer mod podge :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job here! Just love it!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete