Thursday, August 11, 2011

Do something nice...

Do you want to do something nice, a random act of kindness?  If you do, go check out this post here by my friend Meredith... you can do something nice and get something cool in return because Meredith is a pretty cool person.  ;)  Go read about Ryan and then come back, I'll wait.

OK - done?  Good.  Here's the card that I made for Ryan this week - I'm going to send him a card every now and then just to keep his spirits up:


I used Boy Fishes from Just Some Lines - colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  DP is from My Mind's Eye.  Buttons are from my stash.  Now go make a card for Ryan and be sure to link up on Meredith's blog!
Next up are my journal pages for this week's Heart Journaling class at The Greeting Farm:


This week's theme was gratitude, I used Gesso and a mix of plain and glittery acrylic paints on my pages, then hand-wrote all over them.  I'm having a blast with this project.

And last - I told you I was making something special for my sister's birthday.  This was my first time doing something like this - I had a blank journal with cardboard pages that I completely altered with Gesso, papers, images, Mod Podge, all kinds of stuff.  I had SO MUCH FUN making it - it was 6 double-sided pages so I got to decorate 12 pages.  Here's a sampling of some of my favorites:


Thanks for sticking around to see all of my goodies today!  Have a wonderful day - peace.

5 comments:

  1. These are so awesome!! I've heard about the card drive for Ryan, and I think it's fabulous you're participating. I love your journal...and your sister's gift is awesome!! Did you give it to her yet? I am sure she is going to love/loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creations Jenn!!! I bet your sister will just love the journal you have made for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jenn!! Ryan is SURE to love it!!! And that journal you made for your sister is AHHHHHMAZZZZZZING!!!

    Such fabulous work my friend!!

    XO!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete