Wednesday, August 31, 2011

D2D Schoolgirl Maisie Belle & Prickley Pear

Cass goes back to school today - it's going to be a busy year for her!  In honor of back-to-school, I have this cute card made with this week's freebie from the:



I colored "School Maisie Bell" with a mixture of Prismacolor markers & pencils with mineral spirits.  Cardstock is from Stampin' Up!  DP is from EK Success.

Next up is a card for the:

Prickley Pear Monthly Sketch Challenge


I flipped the sketch onto it's side and used my Prickley Pear butterfly stamp.  DP is from 7Gypsies, buttons are from my stash. 

**UPDATE**  I had to stick this in today because the challenge closes tonight.  I just bought this gorgeous image from CS Designs and wanted to throw something together for the:
Art With No Boundaries Challenge - Ocean Theme


I made a page in my art journal, colored with Prismacolor markers, used lots of glitter on the shells and starfish, and applied Mod Podge over the whole thing.  Small shell stamp is from My Favorite Things - larger sand dollar is from clip art I found on the web.
Peace.

10 comments:

  1. both are SO pretty Jenn!!! That second one is so elegant...gorgeous work!! you've been busy!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, pretty!! =D The back to school card is just adorable, and that Prickley Pear card....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the projects here but I have to say I am partial to the Journal Entry using the Image by CS Designs. So cool Thanks for joining in on our Art With No Boundries this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Jenn! All of them! LOVE the Prickley Pear one!!!! That butterfly is gorgeous and goes so well with that fabbie patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn, all the projects are so lovely!
    The page from your journal for the 'Art with no Boundaries' is really beautiful...I love it!
    Thanks for joining us in the challenge.
    {hugs}
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great creations! Your D2D card is so adorable and I am really enjoying how your art journal is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn - wow I love your journal page with the CS Design image!!! Just love what you have done with it and thanks for joining in with the new challenge blog "Art with no Boundaries"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your Ocean-theme page in your journal. I like the addition of the seashells. Thanks for joining Art With No Boundaries. Come and join CS Designs on Paper Craft Planet group.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your D2D card & the papers you used! Thanks for joining us @ Designed2Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this aj page. And congrats on being featured at Art With No Boundaries. Super cool!

    ReplyDelete