Thursday, June 12, 2014

New Baby & A Flower is Nature's Smile

Hello friends!  So I found out last night that my son, who recently joined the Navy, is going to be spending his time on the USS George Washington in JAPAN.  He's totally psyched and I'm happy for him - but there's also a small "mom" part of me that is nervous.  I guess I wouldn't be normal if I wasn't, huh?  But for the most part, I'm just so proud.  He's come an awful long way in the past few years to get to where he is now, and I'm so happy for him.

So today I have 2 cards to share with you.  The first was made for my friend Kate's baby shower (which is tomorrow night, so I had to block her from being able to see this on Facebook - ha!).  Here it is:


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:


I used Babies Smile from ADFD, printed on Kraft cardstock and colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  I added a ribbon & a baby safety pin brad along with a sentiment from Scrapalicious Times Sentiments.

My next card is for the following challenges:

Whimsy Stamps Challenge: Tic Tac Toe (I used ribbons/flower/sentiment)


I just love the Pure Innocence line at My Favorite Things, and I love even more the fact that Heather Ellis has a digi shop, because I like using digi stamps better than rubber lately.  So this is one her digis that I colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  Papers are digi papers, ribbon is from SU! and the small bee brad is from my stash.  Sentiment is from Scrapalicous Times Sentiments.  Peace.

11 comments:

  1. So beautiful.. Love the image and the background paper. Thanks for joining at Digi Haven: Flowers in Pot
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fantastic! The plaid paper on your second card is perfect for our challenge and the image is super sweet. I'm glad you shared your creation at Savvy Handmade Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. both wonderful cards!

    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...
    Sandy S (SSDT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful new baby card.

    Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Baby Card, love the added little safety pin, thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetisgh Challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that ADFD image. So precious! Beautifully coloured on Kraft card. Thanks for joining in with our Dream Valley 'Baby' Challenge and good luck! Hugs, Wends x Dream Valley DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very precious new baby image/card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card love the image Thanxx for playing with us this week at Robyn's fetish good luck
    Sherry @ Robyn's fetish DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! thanks for joining us at inky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely creation! Perfect colors! Thanks for playing at Savvy Handmade cards this challenge! We hope to see you next time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete