Friday, August 19, 2011

Tiddly Inks & Stamping Bella

I am glad this week is OVAH - I did not have a good week.  HMPH  :(  I found myself in tears several days in a row this week, and realized yesterday that I have a bad habit of letting situations and feelings control me. I over-react sometimes or take things too personally, but even when I know it, I just can't help it - I can't help who I am.  And when I have more than one crappy thing happen at at time, I tend to just turn into a blubbering fool.  LOL  But I am trying to find better ways to deal with life and the unavoidable crap that gets thrown at us.  Most of you know that my brother is an addict - well, I haven't spoken to him in several weeks, but I heard he got arrested recently.  Yesterday afternoon, he started sending my sister and I suicidal "goodbye text messages" - I don't know how to explain  how this made me feel.  I am always brutally honest on here, so I guess I'll just say it the only way I know how.  I felt... sad, angry, disgusted, relieved, scared, and helpless.  I am so tired of him.  So tired of the ups and downs of addiction.  It literally hurts my heart.  I hate him.  I love him.  I wish, I wish, I wish... it doesn't matter.  You can't help people who can't help themselves.  I can't save him.  This is not an easy thing to accept when you are the big sister, the oldest child of the family.   So add this on top of anything, and the "anything" seems 10 times worse, know what I mean?

Sooooo....I decided to spend yesterday doing things that I wanted to do, like make a project for one of my very favorite challenge blogs:

I used the too-cute-to-be-scary Shhhark! set - my "No Swimming" sign is punched from a one-inch square punch.  I fussy-cut the "No Swimming" part and adhered with a pop-up dot.  The rest is colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  The background image is from Make It Crafty - I just used a craft knife to cut slits into the water and inserted the sharks in them.  The seashells were from my stash, I stuck them on with Glue Dots.  I really had fun making this card, this is why I call crafting my therapy - it really calms me and makes me happy.

Next up is my card for this week's Bellarific Friday Challenge:


I used the royal Queen Bee Huggabugg, colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits and SU! markers.  Flower is from the Sticky Sweets set of stickers from SU!  Cardstock, DP, punches, and glitter also from SU!  Gemstone stickers are from my stash.  Enjoy your weekend, Summer is almost over (well, here in New England anyway!).  Peace.

9 comments:

  1. Jenn I am so sorry to hear you are having a rough time :(
    I see were able to express your self in your shark card :D it is great.
    hugs ooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie, I'm so sorry you had a bad week! That is always a bad situation. ((((Hugs)))) I'm glad you were able to perform a little therapy with your craft...your cards are lovely. They are both fabulous. I hope your week starts to get better and you find the strength. Keep on crafting whenever you need it, and remember that we are all sending you thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hun, huge huge hugs for your bad week and i hope that you are feeling a little better today, i will be keeping you in my thoughts hun xx
    love your tiddly projects too, glad we could sheer you up a little by dragging you out to play in this weeks challenge!! huge hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are gorgeous cards Jen! LOVE those sharks - how fun - I see the little bottle in there too! Thanks for joining us again this week girly!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are wonderful! I love the scene you created in your Tiddly Inks card! I am sorry to hear about your bad week, hope next weeks gets better! Glad to see you in this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jenn =( I'm so sorry for what you're going through honey. Addiction is the worst...I totally understand.

    I'm glad you reached for the best therapy around...ART THERAPY!! It's so cathartic and you've done fabulous work!!!

    Hugs to you my friend!
    xoxo
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn, I totally understand where you're coming from. although I don't have siblings, I do have a BIL who has a drug and alcohol addiction that causes all kinds of turmoil in the family. Coming off of yet ANOTHER episode sure does make one feel vulnerable and even the slighest thing can send you into tears. Yea for crafting! Hope you're feeling a little better after the weekend. Your card sure are adorable. Hugs! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Jenn! I am sorry to hear what you are going through. I wish you all the best.

    Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete