Sunday, August 21, 2011

Magical Blinged-out Sketch...

I loooooove Sundays!  :)  It's been a good weekend.  Yesterday Jeremy made a pot of spaghetti sauce (I'm not Italian so it's not "gravy" - to me, "gravy" is the brown stuff you make from fat and ladle all over your meat and drown your mashed potatoes in...) and meatballs and sausage, and we had Cassidy's boyfriend Mike over for dinner.  Mike is a sweet kid, we like him a lot (they have been dating for about 9 months now).  He's one year older than Cass, so he'll be a senior in high school this year.  Mike told Cass the other day "I hope you look like your mom when you get older" - needless to say, I think he's a keeper.  ;)  Anyway, Trev went for a walk so I decided to check out the state of his bedroom knowing we were going to have company and GOOD LORD - could you hear me screaming from where you were?  Yeah, that was me.  *sigh* I spent two and a half hours cleaning it - he helped a little - and he went from being indignant to thankful.  I was glad I did it, though, because all 3 of the kids hung out in his room last night (TRUST ME - they would NOT have stepped foot in there pre-cleaning-spree) and watched a movie and played the X-Box.  Mike and Trev get along, which is awesome - so when Mike's here, Cass and Trev get along better!  Bonus!

So for today, I have a card to share that I made with 3 challenges in mind.  Honestly, I don't know how some of you do it with linking your cards to 20+ challenges!  LOL   I think it's important to read each particular challenge blog's rules carefully - for example, one of the challenges I'm entering this card into only allows you to enter your project into 2 additional challenges.  I just like to follow the rules because I've won over $200 worth of stamps and digital images over the past 8 months, so it's worth it to me to pay attention.  LOL 

So the challenges I'm entering are:




The sweet pixies with banner image is from Tiddly Inks, colored with Prismacolor pencils, mineral spirits, SU! markers and lots of glitter. Cardstock, DP, punches, ribbon, and gemstone brads all from SU!  "Happy Birthday" stickers are from SRM Stickers.  Button is from foof-a-la.  Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, love the dp and all that sparkle :)
    Have a great day
    Hugs
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweet card. Love those little pixies holding the banner. Thanks for playing along at Magical Monday.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEk, how SWEET! Love those sweet Tiddlies against the polka dot background. Adorable! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card, love the glittered dresses! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge at Stampin' Royalty !

    ReplyDelete