Friday, July 10, 2026

FRIEND

 Good morning!  I was excited to do a guest DT spot for the Cut it Up die cut challenge blog this month - theme is Make Your Own Background:

Go give them a follow!  They need 3 more followers to get to 1000 and will be doing a giveaway from all of the entries in the challenge running when that happens!  Fun!

Here's my creation:



I made my background on watercolor paper with Lindy's Magicals - I make most of my backgrounds ahead of time and I really need to start penciling on the back which color(s) I used! Anyway, I then used Pearl White Stardust Butter through a stencil in the upper left corner. I stamped a script stamp (Hero Arts) with a white pigment ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I die cut the word friend & the frame (Fun With Words 1 die set from Whimsy Stamps) from the same background paper and layered it on top of the white card base. I die cut the Vintage Bird Cage & Bird Fancy Die from Hero Arts from a good sturdy white cardstock and colored the birds.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

All About Challenge #7 - Friendship

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes

A Cut Above - Anything Goes (with die cuts)

Triple B - Birds, Butterflies, and Blooms

Thanks for visiting! Peace.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you for sharing your amazing talent with our Cut it Up Challenges team. We love your card and appreciate your support for our blog. Hugs from the CIU team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO pretty Jenn! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Triple B Challenge Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! I love all the layers of texture and shine you added to your handmade background. The soft colors paired with the white birdcage and sweet little birds create such an elegant design, and the script embossing adds beautiful depth without overpowering everything else. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Cut It Up! I always enjoy seeing your inspiring projects! 💕✂️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your background, Jenn, the magicals really make a great effect which you enhanced with stamping and stencilling. Thanks for sharing your card with us All About Papercraft for our friendship theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!! Your background is absolutely fabulous! So glad you were able to be our guest designer for Cut It Up Challenge this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful friend card and great water color background. Thank you for joining us over at Cut it Up as a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous background design as always! Love the bright pink and the white bird cage and negative type sentiment. Magicals are truly magical. I have so many and need to use them more often. Thanks for sharing with A Cut Above's July Anniversary Challenge. Happy to have you play along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I really like the colors—the white adds such a nice contrast, and the font is so well chosen. You can really tell this is about special friends. Thank you so much for participating in our Friends Challenge. Sandra from the All About Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love your gorgeous background with the sweet birdcage:) Thank you so much for joining us at All About Papercraft xx

    ReplyDelete